Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    1. Ears first listen to the customer
    2 thermometer and meter
    3. gauges
    take care all
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Norm
    You ought to write a trouble shooters book called "Isolate & Verify." You can use the name as long as I get some credit somewhere. Just one little line maybe way below your name or in the back of the book. I am trying to be as famous as Diceman.

Seriousness aside, I founded that term years ago when all these non-HVAC computer geeks starting getting into our business and messing things up.

I found that with their controls and stuff I have needed to isolate any of their stuff away from the "real HVAC" stuff in order to do any worthwhile trouble shooting.

There exists two levels of techniques for trouble shooting since and because of the days on the electronic invasion. The mechanical parts still get the same look ats' from way back since the compressor was invented. And their mechanical demise is typically progressive, logical, symptomatic and in a downward spiral.

On the other hand, with electronics absolutely any type of non-locigal, non-progressive, intermintent, off-the-wall problem is possible. I just am now attempting to work on a large local college where the DDC guys installed and programmed the 8 HVAC units. As I am working on one, the two other are cycling on and off, on and off, on and off at different very short intervals as programmed by the DDC guy. Talk about a compressor killer. I told him about it but he doesn't understand, period.

I call it the Bill Gates syndrom. You get to make a lot of money from inventing things that are undependable for which you get to invent other things and make more money from the same customers selling them the add-on or corrective stuff which might make the original stuff dependable.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234