Have an airflow problem on an an ancient york air handler the return air hits the evap coil then goes through a hot water coil bolted right to it through about a 1/4 inch gap can see the water coil is filthy anyway to clean it without pulling the evap?

No model number on air handler but its the old dark green with the alco cage valves in it can see 2 screws on each side but cant believe thats the only thing holding the dx coil to the rest of the unit.

put a 1/4 inch line to a hose and wash away.good luck. Or spray it from the back side!.Also furnace cleaning brushes work well!

Lusker,, its a split system and nope the top would not expose andy more than possibly a small gap between coils.

Freezeking tried with nitrogen that and started to mess up fins on both the dx and water coil.

The more I think about it the more I am convinced pulling off the evap is best.

In house guy does wash all the evaps in the building on a schedule and the back side of the evap may be as bad. Sad thing is the guy who does it knows what he knows wont mess with things he is clueless about and is great to deal with doesn't screw things up and is totally upfront with what he has done before he calls and will probably catch grief from his boss about this.

now how does one edit a post topic ? clen a coil

thats funny.

Lightbulb cleaning ancient coils

Have several old trane units with back to back coils. Trane units flow through the heat coil first,and then the cooling coils. Good part is the heating coil is only bout one to one and a half inchs thick. Can't find the engineer to kill him,so this is what I have done sofar with good success. Pull rear panel and using a hose end attachment sprayer for coil cleaners spray the coil from the rear till you get preety clear soap,then go on the other side of the coil and shoot it heavy. Let set over lunch and then wash it down till you get at least 90% of what you need. Since most of my coils are in areas with lots of people (college) I have to use a non acid cleaner. The one I use is made by handy clean of atlanta. Doesn't smell and performs rather well under most circumstances. We all know that design engineers should have to do some of their own maintainence to avoid these problems,but the likelyhood of these events happening are nill. That being the case we all hope to meet them in the local watering hole where events seem to take care of themselves. Take care brother and remember what the big KAHUNA said (when in dought hang ten). B