+ Reply to Thread

Thread: subcooling

Post Likes

Unhappy

hi all, can somone tell me where too put my thermometer on the condenser line too get subcooling is it at the evap or at condeneser line by evap i mean before txv? thanks ken

Post Likes
    Visit

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=33829

In a nutshell, "you want to measure at the outlet of your condensor".

Post Likes
    You can if you'd like measure it at both. And one great way to indicate if flash gas is present.

More important here is, do you first understand why subcooling takes place and why it's important??

Post Likes

subcooling

hi, thanks for reply, subcoolinng takes place too condence vapor back into liquid, is this right? this is what i was taught the man who taught me said this wre not too be concered with but i am finding out that they are thanks too this site also i do notr do ref all of the time as my job is a vending macanic with all diff types of troubleshooting including soda machines, frezzers, refridgeraters, salad bars, ice machines, please excuse my spelling. ken

Post Likes
    HI KC8939
    All condensers are designed to do 3 things.
    1.Desuperheat 2. Condense (from a gas to a liquid) and 3. Subcool the liquid. The purpose of subcooling is to "Insure that only liquid enters the metering device."
    If not all liquid(flashing of gas prior to the metering device) will cut down the unit capacity. I agree w/R12rules reply. Good Luck...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in