Hmm

I have a walkin cooler that has water droplets all over ceiling and below evap. It condensates so much it eventually fills the sealed light bulbs, so I've heard. I really haven't worked on the evap. much, just the condenser. The cooler is set to cycle between 39-44 degrees. It's an interesting phenomenon. I'd like your input Thanks, Daddeeo..
    P.S. This is a new project that has been brought to my attention. I haven't gotten into it yet, but I would like some input so I can put together a plan of attack.

Your insulation is either broken down or non existant
    or door not sealed or leaking badly or open too much

the evaporator doesn't create moisture it just collects it, Infiltration is the guilty party

Since your light globe fixtures are filling with water, your electrical conduits are open to the outside air. Whenever a conduit passes thru an insulated wall, it must be sealed/caulked so as to not allow moisture to pass down the pipe.

(hope ya gota lota ductape)

Hey rocket,

Did you see his temp cycle settings? I would think that is a little high and his box is not running long enough to pull out the humidity or the coil is junk with low heat transfer.

Door, panel seals and air infiltration are good factors to look for. How about A/C problems in the building? Are they running properly and pulling out the moisture? Do they have properly conditioned outside air in the dampers? Is there a make up air system with exhaust that makes the building pull a negative?

You and I don¡¦t know what he has really but this jumps out at me like a double headed snake.

What do you think?

Hey DDDDDDD

When you go back, do your homework on the evap TXV and check that evap coil for corrosion and/or deep dirt. Also lower the box temp unless it is a flower box.

Second thing I would look for is above.

Keep us posted

pay attention to lusker's answer
    I agree, so check or eat the job

Wink

Hey whats up

I would definately check the seals on the door, at least get the grime out of them, if clean think about auto spring closers

The water in the light fixture is likely to be caused by what R12 said......the electrical conduit(s) that penetrate the box are not sealed moisture-tight.

The water droplets and rain from the ceiling sounds like a condition I've run into many, many times with some walk-in boxes where the metal skin has separated from the insulation and traps condensation......often to the point of causing the inner metal skin of the ceiling panels to fall off completely.

If you push up on the inside of the ceiling panels and water starts raining down, it's time for a new (and better quality) cooler. This condition only happens to panels constructed of cut blocks of insulation where the skin is basically glued on. The foamed-in-place panels don't ever do this.

Thumbs up (Raining?)

Thanks guys for the input. I didn't get a chance to check into it today. I didn't want to make any changes before a weekend. I'll probably start evaluations on monday. I'll keep you up on the changes. Thanks Again, Daddeeo...

If the box aint toast, you may have a unit oversized for space. She drops the sensible load quick and she cycles off and on, but not long enouph to ring the water out of the air. (latent Load).

Box use can cause this too. Too much hot uncovered soups. Too many respirating veggies for the system. Again thats a load issue.

And Then we can also look at simply too much infiltration. Whats your RH around this box's exterior and how much traffic does she get in and out?

Stay on these three main issues and you'll find you problem I am sure.

My bet is the box is toast.