Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL

For the old guys

Remember When?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thumbs up

yes I do

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Me too,but my car didn't look that good!!! lol

My grampa had one that's what I learned to drive in when I was 10 yrs. old helping him on the farm. He didn't have a truck, we hauled every thing in or on that, from hog feed to seed corn. Those were the days.

I'm not that old don't miss it by much

We had one of those El Caminos when I was growing up too, it would get stolen every Saturday nite and be found up on the north end of town out of gas, that was because all my dad would put in it was $2.00 at a time, but that bought a lot of gas back then.
    Wish I had it now and wish I had it where I am, Baghdad Iraq HVACing my way back home. That is what happened when the jobs dried up at home for me. Ended up in the middle of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by denverg14 View Post
    We had one of those El Caminos when I was growing up too, it would get stolen every Saturday nite and be found up on the north end of town out of gas, that was because all my dad would put in it was $2.00 at a time, but that bought a lot of gas back then.
    Wish I had it now and wish I had it where I am, Baghdad Iraq HVACing my way back home. That is what happened when the jobs dried up at home for me. Ended up in the middle of the war.
    Are you on the 366 day gig? The one where you get tax free $$$ if you make it?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Yep, I have already been here for 7 months and Started my tour in Taji Iraq then was moved to Baghdad. Am currently working the nite shift to get away from the 128 degree days. Been quite an eye opener here for me, when I got here my head was filled with thoughts of fixing equipment like I was at home, but there are no supply stores and no supplies. I have taken 6 month old 18 ton package units and gutted the wiring out of them and rebuilt them using peanut relays and contactors to to get them running again because the board burned up and there are not any replacement parts. There are a lot of good techs here and even more guys that just have an epa and dont know anything.
    We need help, as of August there will only be American passport holders allowed to work here at KBR. If you like working 84 hours a week and not being able to drink alcohol its okay. But this will only last here for maybe another year.

I thought seriously about doing the KBR thing in 2006; Kinda decided I probably could not take the heat... I am fair skinned and do not do 100+ temps well.

As far as 'custom engineering' things to run... That would have been a picnic for me.

However, the $$$ (tax free) for a 366 day straight gig sounded awfully good. I think another prominent poster here has done it... and he is my age (or older).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Unhappy

The heat is a rough one, and now it is a 365 day run and you get 3 R&R breaks, one every 120 days so it makes it so you have to be out of the USA for 330 days that way you dont pay taxes. Dont underestimate the age thing though, my boss is in his late 60's, the other guy on my shift is 46 and I am 43 and my old room mate was 67 and came here when I did. and of course there are the 20 somethings that got an epa license because they installed air conditioners in boats at a factory and dont know anything else but are out here trying to tell us old timers how it should be done, so we let them show us and when they fall out from the heat we go back in and connect the neutral wire and go on about our business. And if you see him send the run cap bandit out here, we need the run caps.

A fine example of American Iron at its best. Not to mention some good photography showing it off.

Hey Denverg14

Please start a thread about your experiences there. I for one would certainly appreciate hearing about things over there and would really enjoy seeing pictures if you can post any.

And by the way military or not...Thanks for helping out our troops and our country and stay safe!