+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: H-Tlk Convention...3 WEEKS to decide

Post Likes
    Remember to save your receipts, this "convention" is a legit write off. We will have that 2 min discussion on superheat as proof. You local guys, ya want in on the Friday limo thingy as well?
    Soon I will need a final count. Checked limo's online, got 3 bids coming but like I figgered will be about $45 each for 5 hours, which INCLUDES tip and "refreshments" in the limo. Not bad, huh?
    8pm to 1 am, thought ought to be enough for the first night in town.
    Whadda ya think?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes

I'm in

!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Booked and looking forward to it. Hopefully will be in Friday late afternoon.

Why did the clerk ask me if I was competing in the speedo contest?
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq

Welcome back.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Dittos!

Originally posted by spotts
    Originally posted by RoBoTeq

Welcome back.

Post Likes
    I'm diffinately parking and into the limo. If you don't mind. Mary Lou wants to know how many people can you get in the limo?

After that long road trip I hope those limo folks know that it is going to take a lot of "refreshments" to refresh me.

Post Likes

Frown h-talk convention...3 weeks to decide

im sorry too say that i cant make it,i cant get that friday off due to the increasing work load that has been thrust upon me,i was really looking forward to being there,and having a great time,and too meet all you good folks,im reallly pissed by not going but this cannot be helped.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Post Likes
    Well Len, if things change we will be here.
    Bring the speedo Robo, we need as much entertainment as possible. I found a cheaper limo, nice one 2, sorta like a party bus thingy, has room for beer storage so we can grab a case or 2 of that as well and bring it along.
    It is based on 18-20 people, so soon we need a final count and I will give em deposit to hold it.

Beenie, I checked this out for your road trip. Do this:
    Mapquest from Bennington to Binghamton NY, then Mapquest from Binghamton to Monroeville Pa, 15146, right near my house. 500 miles total, it's the best way to go, trust me.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Mapquest from Bennington to Binghamton NY, then Mapquest from Binghamton to Monroeville Pa, 15146, right near my house. 500 miles total, it's the best way to go, trust me.
    I did the mapquest thing. Looks like you pick up US 322 around Scranton. But if you add up the travel times from Bennington to Binghamton and Binghamton to Monroeville it comes out to 11 hours.

So this US 322 must go through some small towns with Quaker popcicle stands and Amish State Troopers chasing you down in buckboards.

Post Likes

After all them directions........................................ ...

I think you should consider taking a CAB!
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Confused h-talk convention..3weeks too decide

now im really pissed,robo is back and going to the convention,and he is going to be wearing a speedo,gawd im gonna cut my wrist open.well iam truly sad that i cant make it,get me the final count as well,i said i was gonna bring some goodies,i'll mail them anyways.i want full details afterwards,on who made an ass of them selfs,who threw up in dices yard so on an so forth,do not leave anything out.
    if at first you dont succeed,then skydiving is not for you

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by Diceman
    I did the mapquest thing. Looks like you pick up US 322 around Scranton. But if you add up the travel times from Bennington to Binghamton and Binghamton to Monroeville it comes out to 11 hours.

So this US 322 must go through some small towns with Quaker popcicle stands and Amish State Troopers chasing you down in buckboards.
    Don't take 322. Its a nice ride if you don't have anywhere to go fast, but its too slow. lotsa speed traps.
    Jason

Post Likes

Bennie...

I told ya the best way... but if ya want to listen to ridge-runners... so be it. Have fun, wish I could be there.
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes
    I called an old friend, who lives not far from Bennington, and asked what's the best way to get to Pittsburgh.

After several attempts at plotting out a route, he replied, "....Come to think about it, you can't get thaya from heeah."

Post Likes
    Hey Dice, you ever traveled to Gettysburg from Pitt? If so how long of a ride is it ?I have to work a 1/2 day that Friday then I will be on my way !

Post Likes
    Gettysburg is about 4 hours from here.
    Beenie, what Mapquest are you using exactly?
    Do I have to come up there?
    Go to Binghamton, get on 81 south to 80 west to 220 south to 22 west. 500 miles, like the song.

Post Likes
    Ok wife and I are going to be there also. Put us on the limo list. Dice email me at my yahoo on the hotel thing and where. Oh my b-day is aug 15th and the wife b-day is July 27 so this is our gift to us lol.

[Edited by lakeerie on 07-20-2004 at 09:29 PM]

Post Likes
    Awesome! The Hotel info is a couple of pages back. 800# n everything.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Talking

Yeah, whadda I have to take ya by the hand or something?
    I will reserve the 18 passenger limo then. If you guys back out I am coming after you with the 9.
    The gun I mean.

Post Likes
    This "limo" isn't one of the short buses being rented out for night use is it Dice? I mean, anyone who shows up for this event will be the type that would have ridden the "short bus" to school but it may bring back a few bad memories to some.

I couldn't find a speedo so I bought a thong. Unfortunately I put it on and lost it. Hopefully it will work it's way out by the 6th.

I plan on drinking tequila and eating burritos and ice cream (I'm lactose intolerant) on the way up Friday so make sure the limo's window work.
    Training is important!
    Practical Training is a must!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in