Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Just for kicks I checked out the prices of this new air line flying out of Albany. It is called Independence Air. They have tickets for $79 one way to Pitts.

The kicker is they don't start flying there until Aug.23rd. Continential Air has a round trip for $399. So I guess it is the Interstate for us. Unless everyone wants to move the convention back so I can save some bucks.

Originally posted by spotts
    Originally posted by infwsdm
    I'd come but I'm afraid you guys would beat me up!

Not with your temper!
    Ohh, so the invitation didn't extend to me, ohh!

I guess I'll just hang out at home, beat my wife, abuse my kids, and kick my dog. And don't EVEN let the cable guy show up

No no infy! Were not gonna beat anybody up with a temper like yours, come along! We'll tease ya and bug ya till we see it...... Then back off!
    Nope, I'm not going and you guys can't pick on me. NA NA

BTW it' my attitude, not temper. I don't "fly off the handle" I just tell people to f@#$ off

I'd come but I'm afraid you guys would beat me up!

Not with your temper!
    Ohh, so the invitation didn't extend to me, ohh!

I guess I'll just hang out at home, beat my wife, abuse my kids, and kick my dog. And don't EVEN let the cable guy show up

No no infy! Were not gonna beat anybody up with a temper like yours, come along! We'll tease ya and bug ya till we see it...... Then back off!
    Nope, I'm not going and you guys can't pick on me. NA NA

BTW it' my attitude, not temper. I don't "fly off the handle" I just tell people to f@#$ off
    I meant attitude.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Infw is going to Vegas instead........
    Anyway, who else is flying in around noon or so, we can arrange rides from the airport. I encourage you to bring you significant other, we have quite a few coming and it will be fun for all. I also need to know who wants to do the Friday night limo thing so I can arrange that.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Will the limo thing cost much? I can only spare about $100-150 for pocket money. Just found a house to move into and need 1st month rent, plus 1 1/2 month security. Then my water heater broke this morning. Bank is forclosing on the house so the new Hot Water Heater (hehehe) will go with me. Might as well take my 2 yo furnac and condenser. I'll put the 15yo Janitrol from the new house in here.

Anyway. I think I'll go for the limo. I arrive in the PIT at 1142 on United 714.
    R2B4BTU

According to this yahoo direction thing it saids that it will 8 hours 10 mins. If I can get the show on the road by 7 AM we should get in around 3:30 PM.

Also according to the directions it said to pick up I90 in Albany and take it all the way out to Lake Erie until I get to I79 South and right into town. Do any of you world travelers know if this is indeed the best way? Also, are those travel times based on 65 mph. I might get up to 75 but thats about it for me. Maybe I'll let the War Department drive and we'll be there by noon. I don't trust this computer it spells Pittsburg with an "H" on the end of it.

We have an Expedition so if the limo is full we could take 2 other couples for the tour. If we don't get lost I would say count us in for the limo.

I will have to check that map Beenie. And depending on who goes out Friday night, I can drive and take a few people too. We could do it that way if we want, Robo is driving in I know, we will have to see I guess.
    As far as the picnic on Sat, we can chip in for beer and food, will have it catered if we have enough, nothing fancy, I know some very reasonable catering guys around here. I am owed a few favors as well.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by benncool
    Also according to the directions it said to pick up I90 in Albany and take it all the way out to Lake Erie until I get to I79 South and right into town. Do any of you world travelers know if this is indeed the best way? Also, are those travel times based on 65 mph.
    Consider taking Rt. 88 from Albany to Binghamton, then Rt. 17 (AKA US86) to the PA state line. Tie into Rt 90 and Rt 79 south to Pitts.

This will add about 25 miles to the trip, but the Thruway is a boring ride, nothing to see, and its a toll road.

Going this alternate route, lots of rolling hills, water, and much less traffic. Cheap gas and smokes at the Indian reservation in Salamanca, and a neat bridge over Chautaugua Lake.

Speed limit is 65 on the Thruway, but you will blown off the road if you do it. Lots of troopers watching tho.

Rt. 17 is 65 for 98% of the ride. I travel it a lot, and never have been stopped at 72.

Good luck!

[Edited by baub on 07-18-2004 at 04:26 PM]
    Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

benncool...........

I'd suggest going to Albany, south on the thruway to I84 west to Scranton. Then south on I81 to I80 west into the Pittsburgh area. It's about the same mileage and drive time but a lot less boring and you avoid a lot of tolls.

That northern thruway route is quite tedious indeed.

Icemeister..

Your route is a good one too... but the traffic on any weekend around Scranton is the worst. Once you are past that point it is a fine highway.

We both agree, the Thruway is no fun!

Limo?

WHere, When, how much?

baub......

Yeah, Scranton could be a bit of a problem. If you jump off I84 back in Port Jervis and take the "Ho Chi Min Trail" (US209) south to East Stroudsburg you can say hi to Dave and just pick up I80 west outa' there.

Rt 209 doesn't allow commercial traffic so take the Benncool signs off the SUV, benn.

Icemeister...

I think we agree, either choice is better than the Thruway.

But if Beenie honks at the 34 Almond exit, I'll wave back!

[Edited by baub on 07-18-2004 at 07:00 PM]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast