Thread: 19xl

19xl

I am having a comm failure on this chiller. It has the pic 1 controls. A 1996 model. When I give it an address and buss. It will not take my info . It goes back to buss 0, address 90. When I attach it goes into failure. I have a red blinking light and no green lights.All wiring and connections are ok. The home page only has time & date, attach to network, log off, lid information on the menu selection. If anybody has info plese let me know. Thanks

The program of the PSIO was lost. You are need to replace the backup battery and reprogram the PSIO or replace an new one!
    Can

Quote Originally Posted by chillerguru View Post
    I am having a comm failure on this chiller. It has the pic 1 controls. A 1996 model. When I give it an address and buss. It will not take my info . It goes back to buss 0, address 90. When I attach it goes into failure. I have a red blinking light and no green lights.All wiring and connections are ok. The home page only has time & date, attach to network, log off, lid information on the menu selection. If anybody has info plese let me know. Thanks
    Carrier does not support Pic 1 controls, if you have another module it may be able to down load the software if you know anybody that has it or the service engineer from carrier that covers your area may be able to do it. If all else fails upgrade to a Pic 2 panel

Is there some kind of date typo says the post was from 2004. Hopefully the chiller has been running since then. What part of Texas are you in?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Yea, what part of TX are you from? The PSIO can be re-loaded.

BTW whatever you do DO NOT THROW IT OUT!!!!! THERE IS A BOUNTY ON PSIO BOARDS (THE BLACK BOXES).

YOU CAN NOT GET "NEW" REPLACEMENTS! You can order - what Carrier RCD calls a Re-furbished replacment, but lately there have been none in stock so they will tell you you can send it in to be re-loaded. Expect about a 3 week delay.

The core is very expensive, at last check about $1600. So don't throw it away!

Most local offices can do that or a regional engineer can do it.

Send me an email and I can give you a contact for your area to talk to. Or just go visit the closest office since we dont know where you are.

We are recommend the customers to retrofit the PIC 1 control system to PIC 3 or 32XR control system. Some customer retrofit the chiller to use the VFD too.
    Can

Correction, just looked at latest bulletin, the cores are now $750 as of Feb. 2011