Well, the dems/libs have been stuffing our nation into the toilet since 1963 and today, in unison, 52 of them reached reached up for the flush handle and pulled it.

God help us.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

What causes more harm in our nation, gays getting married or divorce? Should we pass a constitutional amendment banning divorce?

Originally posted by bootlen
    Well, the dems/libs have been stuffing our nation into the toilet since 1963 and today, in unison, 52 of them reached reached up for the flush handle and pulled it.

God help us.
    You have misrepresented the facts, not unlike the shrub and WMD's. A usual tactic of the Repubican party.

Six of the shrubs repubicans voted against it also, including his good "new" buddy, John McCain. You know, the one who is in the shrubs new political ads "supporting" the Bonehead in Chief.

In all, 45 Republicans and three Democrats voted to advance the measure, while 43 Democrats, six Republicans and one independent voted to scuttle it. In part, the GOP defections reflected a concern that the Senate should not pre-empt what has historically been a state's rights issue.

Bush and Co. What a boneheaded mess!

Now you can get married

[ deleted by Boss

skip the name calling please ]

[Edited by Boss on 07-15-2004 at 07:13 AM]

No, motorboy, I haven't misrepresented the facts. Note that I said "dems/libs". You can be a republican and be a lib. I stand on what I said. We'll lose our "superpower" status within 20 years. Time will tell.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

This country was based on

Strong written and unwritten principles. Fagdom was definitely not in the founding fathers plan. It's a shame that it has come down to needing a constitutional admendment to protect marriage. Whats next, legalize pdeophilia, marriage to animals, genocide of all old people in nursing homes??

Rob, that is exactly the course of events in other countries. That is where we're headed.

I honestly felt ashamed to be an American yesterday. Then I realized a few misguided people who claim to represent me, in fact, do not. Neither do they represent the majority.

Proud member of KA Club

It's quite simple; you tell someone what you want done and they do what THEY want todo. Just like a teenager who is acting out in rebellion.

A lot of married males do this. So do a lot of politicians.

To me, this is no different than out right rebellion!
    And it dont matter whether it's an adult male/ head of household or his teenage son or daughter .... or the person representing them in Washington ro their State's capital.

Rebellion is REBELLION!!! Period!

Now that's assuming, of course, that we all voted out mind and made our wishes known to those in office!
    So right there, that knocks down about half to two thirds of all Americans who CAN vote, but just choose not to...

They would much rather jus sit around griping about how they dont like the way things are being run right now. And how they know Who would do a much better job of it.
    yada, yada, yada.........

And yet they are impatient little minds who have no expressed patience for waiting until it is either their own turn to speak up, or their own turn to vote.

It's amazing who can log on here and spew out foul odors using words!

I didnt like Clinton while he was in office. But I kept on voting and kept on paying my taxes. So in essance, I maintained my support of that regeime depsite political views of the opposite.

Now why cant others do the same?

Isnt that the more mature approach?

If ya cant hack it here, get a boat ticket! Leave! Go visit Castro's Country.

Re: This country was based on

Originally posted by rob10
    Strong written and unwritten principles. Fagdom was definitely not in the founding fathers plan. It's a shame that it has come down to needing a constitutional admendment to protect marriage. Whats next, legalize pdeophilia, marriage to animals, genocide of all old people in nursing homes??
    It was not long ago that every one of "them" were in a closet somewhere.

I'm sorry to say............................

........ that two Rep. from my State voted against this measure - Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins, "liberal republicans". Kinda sounds like an oxy-moron doesn't it!?
    I've written to them for their explainations "why"........I'll let cha know their response.
    In the mean time......... one battle lost- but the crusade is far from over. Stay tuned.