Thread: HAHAHA

Iraq troops 'not just about WMDs'
    July 14, 2004
    http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...5E1702,00.html

US military engagement in Iraq did not hinge on the presence of weapons of mass destruction, former US president Bill Clinton said today.

But regardless of the reasons for military involvement in Iraq, the troops were now there and it was important to make the situation work, he said.

Mr Clinton said US President George W. Bush had been correct to demand UN inspectors be allowed into Iraq.

"I think he (Mr Bush) was right to demand that we have the UN inspection and if the UN inspectorate said Saddam Hussein is not cooperating I would have supported the military action even if the UN didn't," Mr Clinton told Sydney radio 2GB in a wide-ranging phone interview from the US.

Mr Clinton said the Bush administration had been focused on getting rid of Saddam Hussein and was not just concerned about whether Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

"The Bush administration believed that there were different reasons for (controlling) Saddam Hussein.

"They thought whether or not he had weapons of mass destruction, it would be a good thing to get rid of him because he was a bad guy, because a more democratic government in Iraq could be good."

But military engagement in Iraq on this basis was not necessarily justified, he said.

"I don't think it would be appropriate to do that under the authority we had from Iraq, but I think that now it's been done we now need to try and make that work.

"The whole world has a vested interest in trying to make sure we have a pluralistic non-aggressive peaceful secure Iraq."

Mr Clinton also said he regretted not being able to capture Osama bin Laden. really !

"I'm sorry I didn't get him (bin Laden), but I'm glad I tried."

The world needed to use a combination of law enforcement, intelligence and military assets to destroy terrorist networks, particularly al-Qaeda, the former president said.

"We need to go into countries which are terrorist breeding grounds and try and figure out what the problems are and try to help people solve them.

"We have to ... try and support the moderate Muslims, those people who think terrorism is the perversion of Islam.

"We need a whole comprehensive approach (to combating terrorism) and the military aspect can only be part of it."

AAP
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

What pile of Bravo Sierra!!

Had the chance to take Bin-Laden out and did not. Hillary is not going to like this. Unless, they are starting their campaign against Kerry early?

Hilary was not asked to speak at the dem convention so they're swingin' their bats at them. Oh, what fun this is going to be to watch!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Originally posted by bootlen
    Hilary was not asked to speak at the dem convention so they're swingin' their bats at them. Oh, what fun this is going to be to watch!
    Kerry says she did not ask to speak ! This should be a hoot !
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Originally posted by bb
    [
    Kerry says she did not ask to speak ! This should be a hoot ! [/B][/QUOTE]

When did a politician at any level NOT wish to speak? That is funny!!

Kerry Asks Sen. Clinton to Speak at DNC

By RON FOURNIER AP Political Writer

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) - John Kerry has asked Hillary Rodham Clinton to introduce her husband, former President Clinton, on the first night of the Democratic National Convention, giving her a speaking role that Democrats had sought for the New York senator.

The Kerry campaign unveiled its first set of speakers for the convention early this week, including former Presidents Clinton and Gore, Al Gore and others, but the absence of the former first lady drew criticism from Democrats, particularly women.

The senator herself said she was not disappointed, but a lobbying effort quickly got under way on her behalf.

Kerry, who was campaigning in Pennsylvania, reached out to Clinton and asked her to introduce her husband. She agreed to the request, according to an aide to Kerry.

On Wednesday, the former chairwoman of the New York State Democratic Party had called the slight of Clinton a "total outrage" and "very stupid."

"It's a slap in the face, not personally for Hillary Clinton, but for every woman in the Democratic Party and every woman in America," said Judith Hope.

Sen. Barbara Mikulski, D-Md., expressed disappointment Wednesday with the way the Kerry campaign handled the release of convention speakers, her campaign manager Mike Morrill said.

Mikulski told Kerry campaign manager Mary Beth Cahill that the strategy of releasing only a few names each day minimizes the importance of some speakers, Morrill said.

"The senator was very clear that the way they did this botched it," Morrill said. "By doing it as the One-A-Day vitamin strategy, they missed the picture that they have a whole shop of vitamins."
    2004-07-15 21:18:19 GMT

Their original excuse was that Hilary was "mistakenly overlooked."

Pardon me! "Overlooked"? "The smartest woman in the world" "overlooked"? The mouthiest First Lady in history "overlooked"? The woman who moved to NY state and 6 months later its Senator "overlooked"?

My, God. What else have they "overlooked"? I'd be afraid these guys couldn't find the White House. By the grace of God, they won't.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club