Got a call today to a salad cooler not cooling. It is on 404a. Had a wire burned off low pressure switch so it was an easy call and also blew out condensor. But the part that bothers me is there is a solid sheet of metal covering up the condensing unit. I am trying to figure out how it gets air to breath. Me and the other guy come up with this idea, there is louvers in the top where the salad trays sit and no air comes out the very top but about 2 inches lower you have air from the evap. fans. Could it be that Delfield is robbing cool air from the food area and keeping the condensor cool? I started to just leave it off but at the location I could not do it. Any of yall know?

The rear mounted condensing units pull air from below(under the unit) pretty sure the ones that are on the side can also.

well that would make more sense. had the cover off cleaning the condensor and the bottom had metal on it to with no louvers anywhere.....i really didnt look all that hard for any openings either.

Your not kidding Lusker I have one 2 door delfield prep that I have to clean practically every month because the condensor constantly plugs with lint or what ever else is around. Good money though.

Those plastic bags covering the condensers are a real money maker, especially after you notify the customer countless times about the problem and the it occurs over and over.