i am going tomorrow to look at this problem.microprocessor is showing this fault every time they do a remote stop sh utdown.motor controller contacts open.which means the solid state starter has seen a fault condition. problem is im not getting aan led to show which fault.what would be my next step? i would appreciate any input. thanks

pilot is offline Member- bad email - server kicked back
    Need more info, what are you working on?

It so happens i just fixed a YTC an hour or so ago with possibly the same problem. Mine was showing motor controller ext. reset. This time there was an led that read "high temp". Checked starter inhibitor level and found it low. Refilled with York inhibitor fluid, that luckily happened to be laying around, and the unit reset immediatly, and is still running.

york yt low pressure r-11,sss with opti-view. dont think it is a starter cooling problem due to the fact that i redid on quarterly and i would get a high temp led.

[Edited by hvacplumb on 07-13-2004 at 08:23 PM]

Mine failed twice without an led reading. We had re-piped the condenser water from a point higher than the bottom of the cond. box to keep out trash. The welder may not have gotten enough in it. Just a shot.

I had on once where on of the SCR sensor wires had rubbed through on the door and every once in awhile it would go to ground and shut the unit down on high temp.

Motor controller ext reset indicates the fault is coming out of the SSS. There was a green sheet for a diode problem causing nuisance trips that I'll have to look up. I would lean towards a high temp fault either caused by the closed loop or not enough condenser water flow to the heat exchanger caused by a partially plugged line

I would venture to guess that the EMS is also securing the Condenser Water pump at the same time the chiller is being stopped.
    The Micro-panel has outputs that "Should" Start-Stop yon' Condenser water pump as well as Chill Water, but alas...the EMS people in their infinit wisdom sees fit to control the start-stop of "All" ancilary equipment as well as the chillers.
    Anyway, (sorry for the tirade there)...
    Should the condenser water pump be secured at the moment the chiller is, and the Chiller has a decent load on it, you will find that there is enough heat left in the SCR bricks to "Fault" the panel. Since the fault occured whilst' yon chiller was not running, many of the Micro-Panels will lock out, whilst the Motor-Control board does not light the familar "Overtemp" LED...
    Depends on the VER # of the EEPROM involved...
    Just smack the EMS guru around a little, until you have convinced him/her to delay the condenser water pump shutdown by at least 30 seconds...One minute would be much better.

[Edited by RichardL on 07-14-2004 at 02:32 PM]
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..