Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Read this

Hybrid View

NK ABOUT IT

Shortly after reading the following e-mail content, I happened to look at the label of a jar of Heinz sandwich slice pickles.

Yep..."Made in Mexico" Check some of your Heinz products.

"Sen. John Kerry keeps talking about U.S. corporations leaving this country and setting up shop in foreign countries, taking thousands of jobs with them.

He is right, because that has happened.

However, he is trying to blame it on George W. Bush. As far as I know, Bush has not moved one factory out of this country because he is not the owner of a single factory.

That cannot be said about Kerry and his wife, Teresa Heinz-Kerry.

According t! o the Wall Street Journal, the Kerrys own 32 factories in Europe and 18 in Asia and the Pacific.

In addition, their company,the Heinz Company, leases four factories in Europe and four in Asia. Also,they own 27 factories in North America, some of which are in Mexico and the Caribbean.

I wonder how many hundreds of American workers lost their jobs when these plants relocated to foreign countries.

I also wonder if the workers in Mexico and Asia are paid th e same wages and benefits as workers! in the United States.
    Of course they're not.

However, Kerry demands that other companies that relocate should pay the same benefits t! hey did in the U.S.

Why does he not demand this of the Heinz Company, since he is married to the owner?

If Kerry is elected, will he and his wife close all those foreign factories and bring all those jobs back to America? Of course they won't.

They're making millions off that cheap labor.
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier.

that hits the nail on the head.

but bush too;has ,hangs out with/related to plenty people that make those decisions.

they all go to formal/informal functions together.
    their kids go to the same prep schools(like they did)and their parents did.they marry each other.

the society people aspire to.

but they all pretend they are gonna stick up for the little guy.

that sounds like something kerry's gonna hear something about.and should

too bad the political landscape makers in this country don't do anything but "spin" for the team.

But to be fair....it wasn't Kerry that started his wife's company.....

Don't you think it was Mrs. Kerry's deceased husband that started the company that opened the operation in Mexico.

I have to say.....If I owned a huge company and profit was issue number 1, I can't say as I wouldn't have a few out of country operations as well. Afterall, Bush has made it cheaper and easier than ever to do so.

There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

INF I dislike and distrust Kerry as much as anybody but there are flaws in your thinking here.

1st T.H. Kerry is not the owner of Heinz products she and her children own about 14% of the stock. I don't even think she is on the board. At any rate neither she nor JFK have any say as to where plants are built.

2nd the reason they have plants all around the world is they sell perishable products they need to be sold in the same general part of the world as they are packaged. They do have 27 plants in North America.

IGI name one specific think President Bush and his administration has done to make it easier for corporation to move out of our borders. Remember most of these plants (not just the Heinz plants) were moved over seas years ago a very great many during the Clinton years.

Remember how is Laura Bush a society lady she is from Midland Texas and was a school teacher she has two degrees in education one from SMU and the other from UT.

I would say that puts her up on T.H. Kerry

For the record we do not purchase Heinz products not that it will affect the Kerry’s fortune just on principal.

It's not my thinking, it's an email someone sent me.

This hits the bullseye

Someone stated above that Kerry and his wife had no control. This may be true but they have not given up the multimillionaire lifestyle to which they are accuustomed. In fsact the Kerry's net worth is 10 times more than the Bushes. Kerry is not for or from the working man status that his party champions. Just proves my point that all dumbocrats are naive and can be led to believe anything.

Dear Matt,

I want to thank you for the wonderful reception you gave me last week when John Kerry picked me as his Vice Presidential nominee. Your response was overwhelming, it touched me and my family, and made me proud of you, and proud to be a member of the Democratic Party.

This campaign is about America's future. It's a celebration of American values. Together, John Kerry and I will work to build an America that's stronger at home and respected around the world.

I am so excited to join this campaign. It was only fitting that after phoning me, John emailed you and his other supporters first with the news. Your support after that announcement was overwhelming -- we easily surpassed our aggressive goals. We can't win without your support, and I know you will be there with us every step of the way.

John Kerry has a plan to put our country back on track. He will create and keep good paying jobs here in America, so our families can get ahead. He will take on the waste and greed in our health care system, so we can have affordable health care for all. Finally, John will strengthen our military and rebuild alliances, so our troops are never overextended again.

This campaign is about the shared values and vision that built America. The values I grew up with in that small town in North Carolina. We both believe deeply in faith and family. We both believe in the importance of service. We both believe that responsibility is at the center of building strong communities. And we both believe in building one America.

From Vietnam to the United States Senate, John Kerry has led a life of service. He has been a leader who will always put our families first, and will always tell the truth to the American people.

Between now and November, the American people are going to reject the tired old negative politics of the past, and they're going to embrace the politics of hope, because this is America, where everything is possible. We believe the best of America is in front of us, and that everything is possible if we just put our minds to it. When John Kerry is president, tomorrow will once again be better than today.

Thank you,
    John Edwards

SEE....this is what I get from the next VP of the USA.

and just to stay informed I get Republican commitee e-mails too, all I hear from there is why Kerry is no good, not why Bush is. I hate negative campaigning.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Bush is pro-life and pro-marriage between man and wife. John-John are diametrically opposed to it. Kerry has not even given us a map about how he is going to grow jobs, only flowery rhetoric. Cheney has ran a fortune 100 company. Edwards has been an ambulance chaser. Kerry is a treasonist traitor. He turned on his country about vietnam. Bush has defended Ameica against the eminent threat of terrorism. You're right GOT, you need to stay a dumbocrat and let them ram it up your rear. Maybe then you wiil learn.

Originally posted by remember
    but they all pretend they are gonna stick up for the little guy.

To me that is the problem. The "little guy" has got to stop depending on Mom and Pop government to take care of them.

I say, get off your lazy arse and go to work. Don't wait for the almighty government to make it happen for you.
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

I agree soda, I'm not going to rely on Uncle Sam for my paycheck. That's why I don't vote with my wallet. In my opinion, I think the president has little to do with the way the economy runs anyway. I vote on morality and character. I am a conservative, I believe in a strong defense, I think G-dub handled the terrorists the best way anyone could, I believe in traditional marriage, so I will vote my conscience. So far I have heard little from Kerry on where he stands on anything. But wouldn't it be nice if we had candidate that wasn't a millionaire? A person who worked a "real" job and had to budget his money like we do.
    Love thy neighbor and no running during tornado drills

Originally posted by king nothing
    But wouldn't it be nice if we had candidate that wasn't a millionaire? A person who worked a "real" job and had to budget his money like we do.
    I'm voting for Jeff Foxworthy. His running mate is Larry The Cable Guy.

I'm voting for Jeff Foxworthy. His running mate is Larry The Cable Guy. [/B][/QUOTE]

Mayonnaise a lot of voters out there!
    Get 'er Done!
    Love thy neighbor and no running during tornado drills

Originally posted by king nothing
    I agree soda, I'm not going to rely on Uncle Sam for my paycheck. That's why I don't vote with my wallet. In my opinion, I think the president has little to do with the way the economy runs anyway. I vote on morality and character. I am a conservative, I believe in a strong defense, I think G-dub handled the terrorists the best way anyone could, I believe in traditional marriage, so I will vote my conscience. So far I have heard little from Kerry on where he stands on anything. But wouldn't it be nice if we had candidate that wasn't a millionaire? A person who worked a "real" job and had to budget his money like we do.
    A thoughtful, respectful post. Thank you for your input.

The millionaire thing is a pet peeve of mine also. Doesn't seem fair. My 10 year old even said, I cannot grow up to be president because we are not rich. What am I to say?
    I pray not for an easy life but that I be a strong person.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast