Thread: The New Guy

Cool

Greetings and Salutations. im new to this forum and just wanted to say "HEY"! and look forward to soaking up information and learning about this fascinating trade. Im in my third month of a 1 yr course in HVAC/R @ IBT in northern, ca. im 21 yrs old and have been mechanically inclined since 13. i previously worked as a carpenter at my uncle's company but decided to make a move 4 months ago when my friend from high school, who is a tech, came and troubleshooted my parent's walk- in cooler at their restaurant. i watched and learned his moves and i gotta say that the challenge of this trade intrigued me so i decided to go for it. so any ways, hope to chat with alot of you soon......

just idvise. always figure out every problem and never dump refrigerant in a system just to get the suction pressure. if you always leave a system knowing theres a problem and never finding out what the problem is youll be like so many techs that can only troubleshoot simple every day problems but anything else gets the dump and go. youll learn alot more by staying with something till its fixed than duck tail and run every time.

Welcome aboard chillout.

We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

thnx guys.

Welcome and good luck!!