+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need an Honest Helper

Post Likes

Thumbs up Helper/Mechanic in NJ

I am in need of an honest helper in Monmouth and Ocean County NJ, that is willing to be trained. Good starting pay, with benefits, and vacation time along with Trade Related Class Tuition.
    Im sure there are plenty of other members reading this and laughing, because who wouldnt want a potential employee like the one I am inquiring about.
    Joe
    NAC Mechanical
    Jobsteer@aol.com

[Edited by jobsteer on 07-11-2004 at 12:20 PM]
    Jobsteer

Post Likes
    Good luck to you. I have seen hundreds of newbies come and go due to poor work ethics. They would rather play nintendo and sleep till noon. They are consistantly late and when they run out of excuses they just quit. The ones that do work for a while have two speeds slow and stop. I think the government started puting something in the milk in the past two decades. Of course you may find a mutant that is different from all the others which will turn out to be a good employee.

Post Likes
    jobsteer - too bad you're not in Kansas City; but if you want to move your business, I'm your man.

Tryin' like hell to break into the business here, and it'll happen eventually. Right now I'm teaching myself the academics - taking my EPA cert this Wednesday, so it'll happen. Just gotta keep knocking on those doors.

Good luck in your search.

Post Likes
    Folks obviously dont realise what is being offered here!!!

I read all the time how some new guy is looking to get their foot in the door to this industry.
    And yet, nobody is knocking down the doors to this man's generous offer.

Now why do you think that is?

Maybe we want for HIM to come TO US? Is that what I'm hearing right now?

Well if it is, then maybe I have been wasting my time ingiving honest advice to those who are seeking employment in this industry.

If you are on the outside looking in, let me give you a piece of real solid advice.
    This industry is NOT made up of siseys and fools!!!
    This industry in NOT made up of rebels and morons!!!

Oh sure, we have more than our fair share. They get hired on by employers of low standards and they somehow learn enough about the trade to be dangerous and get another position somewhere.

We dont need them kind around here!

We need honest men and women who will work the jobs with integrity!

Having to relocate is simply part of an ongoing adventure.
    If you love the area where you currently live so much ... fine. Try and get your start right there.
    However ... since so many of ya'll are claiming there is no openings in your areas, then maybe it's time to step outside your "comfort zone" and leave the nest!

Dont expect someone to just up and hand you the opportunity of a lifetime! You need to make yourself available to your employer!
    You need to be flexible!
    You dont have a real track record in this trade, as of yet. So this is your first step in demonstrating how you will accept responsibility.

When you go to the trouble of relocating for this new employer, dont you understand that they will be all the more interested in MAKING things work out in both your favor?
    They wont just view you as one more applicant who is trying them on for size.

If you go to the trouble of moving to them, they will go to the trouble of helping you make it in their employ!

They will be more inclined to sit down with you and discuss matters which adversely affect your position with the company.
    They wont be quick to fire you.

I would welcome an adventure.
    Especially if the perspective employer was at all willing to help me out once I arrived there ready to work for them.
    I would welcome a change.
    Especially if the new geography was nicer than where I currently reside.
    I would embrace the opportunity to meet new people and immerse myself into a new social culture. Especially if that new area was of benefit to my family.

Post Likes
    R12rules: You sure are assuming at lot about me (and I assume I am the primary object of your post). I will also assume that what you wrote isn't meant personally, becuase if it was, then I'd have to take issue with a lot of it.

Relocating is always an option, BUT you try it with a wife who is in her third trimester carrying your second child, with the first one only 16 months old, who will be having a c-section (i.e. major abdominal surgery) in a few weeks. I am not about to put her through that right now. Now, if this position were available in December, I'd be interested in talking to Joe about it.

As it is, I am busting my butt looking for a job here in KC. I didn't say there weren't jobs, I said it is a challenge finding a position. Anybody with no experience is going to have a challenge. I actually just got back from the union hall this morning where I applied for the union apprenticeship. I was preliminarily approved, which means they give you a list of contractors that are hiring, and if they hire you, you start the apprenticeship. Well, I've already called ALL of those contractors. Of the 9, 3 were already filled. That leaved me 6 to pursue, as well as all of the non-union companies out there.

I am not complaining, merely stating the reality of situation as I see it. I think maybe you're mistaking me for one of those other mind-numbed, weak-need, hand-it-to-me-on-a-silver-platter x generation lazy types. I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE. I know what hard work is, and I will work hard until I find a entry into this profession. I am further challenged by the fact that I CANNOT accept just anything. Since I am the sole supporter for my family, I MUST take a job capable of supporting them. I CANNOT afford to work for chump change at this point in my life, but our needs are by no means extravagant.

Please take a moment to find out some facts before you call someone (like me) to the carpet.

Bottom line, 5-6 months from now, I would be more than willing to consider relocating.

Oh yeah, the statement asking Joe to move was an (obviously unsuccesful) attempt at humor/levity/light-heartedness.

OH YEAH, R12rules - I noticed you haven't replied to the guy on the cayman islands job. He asked if you would consider relocating and you haven't replied yet (at least publically). Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and shoot him an email.

[Edited by skywatcher on 07-12-2004 at 12:42 PM]

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Hey Fellas,

Sorry to ruffle the feathers with this discussion, however, I kinda agree with everyone.
    I will keep posting this message weekly (as I am a new member) and I will see what happens.

This looks like a FUNNNNNN HVAC site.

Joe
    Jobsteer

Post Likes
    Hey Joe,

No feathers ruffled. Just speaking my mind. Good to meet you by the way - I'm new to (and new to the trade).

Brad

Work in Dallas-Fort Worth & surrounding areas.
    Post Likes
    Originally posted by skywatcher
    R12rules: You sure are assuming at lot about me (and I assume I am the primary object of your post). I will also assume that what you wrote isn't meant personally, becuase if it was, then I'd have to take issue with a lot of it.

Relocating is always an option, BUT you try it with a wife who is in her third trimester carrying your second child, with the first one only 16 months old, who will be having a c-section (i.e. major abdominal surgery) in a few weeks. I am not about to put her through that right now. Now, if this position were available in December, I'd be interested in talking to Joe about it.

As it is, I am busting my butt looking for a job here in KC. I didn't say there weren't jobs, I said it is a challenge finding a position. Anybody with no experience is going to have a challenge. I actually just got back from the union hall this morning where I applied for the union apprenticeship. I was preliminarily approved, which means they give you a list of contractors that are hiring, and if they hire you, you start the apprenticeship. Well, I've already called ALL of those contractors. Of the 9, 3 were already filled. That leaved me 6 to pursue, as well as all of the non-union companies out there.

I am not complaining, merely stating the reality of situation as I see it. I think maybe you're mistaking me for one of those other mind-numbed, weak-need, hand-it-to-me-on-a-silver-platter x generation lazy types. I AM NOT ONE OF THOSE. I know what hard work is, and I will work hard until I find a entry into this profession. I am further challenged by the fact that I CANNOT accept just anything. Since I am the sole supporter for my family, I MUST take a job capable of supporting them. I CANNOT afford to work for chump change at this point in my life, but our needs are by no means extravagant.

Please take a moment to find out some facts before you call someone (like me) to the carpet.

Bottom line, 5-6 months from now, I would be more than willing to consider relocating.

Oh yeah, the statement asking Joe to move was an (obviously unsuccesful) attempt at humor/levity/light-heartedness.

OH YEAH, R12rules - I noticed you haven't replied to the guy on the cayman islands job. He asked if you would consider relocating and you haven't replied yet (at least publically). Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and shoot him an email.
    [Edited by skywatcher on 07-12-2004 at 12:42 PM]
    Can certainly understand the medical condition slowing down a move,always good to consider the family, keep in mind that a lot of people will say that the position is filled to a phone call - have to aggessivly[sic?]pursue any job openings. Quite often the job goes to the one showing the most interest. I have always respected a person that asks to fill out an application and am wary of anyone that asks if we are hiring.Not saying that is what transpired . Good luck in your search.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in