Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Is there room for God, THE GOD!, the God of Creation to come with you on service calls and installation projects?
    Do you make room for His presence where you work at?

Do you ask Him for help in making the day go safely and to get things done correctly?

Do you ask Him for help with "tough dog problems"?

Do you pray for your employer? For your supervisor? For your co-workers?

Do you make room for Him at work?

I know many of you come here to request prayer for serious illness as they come up.
    I know some of you here ask for prayer from us when your in an accident or get laid up for awhile.

I believe God honors our prayer requesting Divine help in our workplace.

I am not very religious but I have to admit that there has been many occasions that I know the big guy has been watching over me.

I was cruising down the interstate one day on my way to a geo-thermal unit not cooling. Minding my own business a huge motor home comes up beside me and he must have thought he passed me because he started merging into my lane. I held my ground until he was about 1" from my mirror, then for the shoulder I went. All went ok but dropping onto the gravel at 70mph, it could have been much worse, or it could've happened on a bridge, or there could've been a car broke down on the shoulder, or there.....you get the point.

There's been more than one situation like this over the years.

It has been years since I've been to church, something like 12-13 years. However, I do believe. IN GOD I TRUST.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

i am always with god

and always have been

and always will be

but i'm waiting for the religious fundementalist wacko types to figure it out.

wahhabists/ and evangelical christians and zionist jews

are children who know not of what they speak.

proof is in their actions and agressive reactions,and their outlooks on the world.
    their rationalization for views they can't let go of.

their belief that somehow they are special,due to what they think they have found in some "sacred text";and "all others be dammed

god is a whore
    we are all in this together

grace be with us all

You are definitely an agnostic

Originally posted by remember
    i am always with god

and always have been

and always will be

but i'm waiting for the religious fundementalist wacko types to figure it out.

wahhabists/ and evangelical christians and zionist jews

are children who know not of what they speak.

proof is in their actions and agressive reactions,and their outlooks on the world.
    their rationalization for views they can't let go of.

their belief that somehow they are special,due to what they think they have found in some "sacred text";and "all others be dammed

god is a whore
    we are all in this together

grace be with us all

Read Ephesians

MANY times while at work, I will need guidance and receive it almost miraculously.
    It is like I hear HIS voice and I follow.

I would like for more to hear his voice and follow, but some don't hear the air for the wind...

A story:
    Two men were walking down a sidewalk in New York discussing music, when one of them stopped and walked over to the wall of the building beside them and found a cricket chirping in the crack of the stone wall. The second man asked how he found the cricket.
    "I heard it" the first man said.
    "How is that possable with all this noise from the cars and busses passing by?" the second man asked.
    The first man reached down into his pocket and pulled out a handful of coins, tossed them into the air and they fell to the sidewalk. Immediately several bystanders rushed over to pick up some of the coins.
    "It is all in what you are listening for" replied the first man...

What/who are you listening for/to???

Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

Thumbs up

Good post cehs!!

I wished he was with me saturday, maybe he would have told me to take my thumb out of the truck door before i closed it.

I'm not very religious either but I do have my beliefs.The thing I dont like is people pushing thier beliefs on me as if mine are wrong!A guy I work with and have for nearly ten years suddenly decided to get saved one sunday,came to work monday morning a different person.Now I have no problem with this but he started an everyday ritual of telling me at quitting time that he would pray for me that night.This went on for a while then one day I finally him to stop because "frankly your scaring the hell out of me". He said thats what I'm trying to do.Now if I'm going to turn before I burn It's surely not going to be at the insistance of an overnight self proclaimed evangelistic hypocrit!

Originally posted by jeffkillen
    "frankly your scaring the hell out of me". He said thats what I'm trying to do.Now if I'm going to turn before I burn It's surely not going to be at the insistance of an overnight self proclaimed evangelistic hypocrit!
    Some folks realize their service to Christ is simply being available. To simple "be there" and do what can be done for a person.

People who believe do not get points for speaking up. They do sence though, whenever someone elsehas chosen to reject them.

Several here have mentioned how religious zealots have offended them.
    Well, it is not an offence also to reject them?

Many say that turnabout is fair play. So is that what some are doing? Just to get revenge on others?
    In my book, rejection is a serious offence. I take it personally.

However, in God's book .... rejection is even more serious!

I dont know who has approached you and spoken up in His Name.
    If they did so with loving you in their heart .... I doubt they did so to hurt or offend you.
    I doubt they meant you any harm.

If someoneo rejects me. I will get over it.
    If they reject God, He will remember them when they come to His door knocking to get in.
    And someday it WILL happen. Trust Him!

I didnt begin this thread to invite antagonistic comment. I just thought that if someone has a relationship with Him, they would simply share how they work out their day with God.

I would assume you wouldnt leave your thoughts of Him at the church doorstep.
    I hope you dont leave your awareness of Him at home.

This is not to make you uncomfortable. This is not to make your neighbor uncomfortable either.

So if you feel uncomfortable with talking about God in your workday, then please refrain from posting here and go elsewhere to antagonise people. This is NOT the thread for argueing.

Originally posted by bigbird
    I wished he was with me saturday, maybe he would have told me to take my thumb out of the truck door before i closed it.
    Ouch!
    Ya know, I used to wish I had Divine Knowledge prior to certain events happening.

But for some reason, God in His love for me allowed that event to take place.

I dont believe God wanted your finger slammed in that door.
    Nor do I think God wanted me to take that fall I did back in 96'.

But sometimes little events like that shake us up just enought to get our attention and cause us to realise there is a bigger picture goin on than what we are currently viewing.

I've been thru two employers in the last few months. Had I harbored animosity towards them, that would have nullified any amount of good I may have done for them while I was in their service.

But I tried to represent them as best I could.
    Up every morning.
    Dressed neat and ready for work.
    Called in and went right after my assignment.
    Tried to get thepaperowrk made out and written up so it would be readable and not give corperate any hangups. I tried to leave the job as clean as it was when I got there. If it was a motor room, I left it a little cleaner than when I arrived.
    And I tried to stay out of discussions that would only lead to fussing.

It was not my intent to be arguementative.

I just didnt see it as being helpful to anyone.
    Claiming Christ as my Savior, it gives me assurance of my present life but also my future for Eternity.
    But it does not give me an excuse to badger anyone to be like me.
    It is not a license to argue with someone who has absolutely no interest in his or her future.

If someone asks, I will speak up. If someone has a problem, I will listen. If they ask for advice, I will share it. However, if they dont ask for advice ... I might ask if they have considered Jesus.
    If they reject Him there, I let them go.

Jesus is NOT on trial today. People have either made up their minds and hearts or they havent.
    For those who are open hearted, open in their inner man... perhaps God will call to them and maybe they will respond. And just possibly, if I am in their neighborhood, God would choose to use me to answer some tough questions or make a sugestion or two.

Angry

Support the Christian Right and the continuing bombing ministry of Jesus Christ.
    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten". --Benjamin Franklin
    "Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". --Mark Twain
    http://www.campbellmechanical.com

God gave us the nuke. Why not use it. He also told Israel in the OT to totally wipe out her enenmies!!!

Originally posted by air1
    Support the Christian Right and the continuing bombing ministry of Jesus Christ.

You deep man, real deep.

you are either "A", not understanding the purpose of this thread.

or.... "B", you are not capable of understanding the thread, so you just decided to bust righ in and give your two cents worth. Irregardless of context or relevancy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast