I hear these compressors are relatively cheap (compared to copeland)and are being used by Keeprite.I have only seen one of these in operation.It was on a meat cooler (5hp).The thing was damn noisy and no oil sight glass on crankcase. I thought that was very poor design.

Talking

I heard they make great boat anchors.
    Because chicks dig it.

Very reliable compressors and can be bolted into a copeland 3d spot very easily. I have serviced a few of these for many years.....Bitzer also makes a very nice screw!

I also have serviced and replaced them with copes.
    I haven't had a lot of problems with them just like copes better. Did mean to bash your favorite. Freeze
    Because chicks dig it.

How can you like cope discuses, they are junk IMO.

[Edited by absrbrtek on 07-11-2004 at 07:59 AM]

We've put a in few Bitzers but there is little stock or support, especially when we bypass local wholesalers.
    At least with a Copeland based unit I know I will most likely get a replacement in town, and no warranty hassle.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Any unit made which does NOT have an oil level sight glass on the side of it was engineered by an accountant or insurance attorney! Period!

If these Bitzers dont come with a sight glass to view the oil level, then just how does someone view the oil level?
    I would assume they do include some manner of drain for the oil? Do they not?

More noisey than a Copeland? Be real! Nothing can be more noisey than a Copeland semi-hermetic! Accept a deisel!

Originally posted by R12rules

More noisey than a Copeland? Be real! Nothing can be more noisey than a Copeland semi-hermetic! Accept a deisel!
    You've never been in a compressor room full of Bitzer screws at full load, apparently.

Actually, one Bitzer screw is probably louder than two racks' worth of Copelands.

But, regarding Abs' question:

"How can you like cope discuses, they suck IMO."

Simple, I make more money off of those than any other compressor. I absolutely LOVE Copeland Discus.

For a while Shaws was replacing 3d cops with bitzers. I do not like the noise of screws or the oil seals and the roof top oil coolers which have blown up on the roof dumping 20 gallons on the roof, but i think 5 screws in a store is better the 20 to 25 copeland discus for reliability overall.

Copes are just so easy to get at 2AM! And everyone is familiar with them. Bitzer makes hermentics and good ones at that, have had very few problems with them except for internal check valves, and no seals like the opens. You can always tell which stores have them even out in the parking lot just from the sound!

Ever work on Carlyle screws? Very reliable, but talk about noise, they make your teeth chatter and ears ring! but single stage 404A low temp at -20 or -25 doesn't require oil cooling, just liquid injection.

Had many experiences with blown air cooled oil coolers spewing oil on rubber roofs! What a mess. I think the newer Bitzer systems use a version of thermosyphen oil cooling, no more air cooled.

IMO I really like Carrier 5H open drives, they are built like tanks (I know they weigh as much as one too) and at low RPM's run for ever, with an occasional shaft seal replacement now and then (which are pretty easy in my estimation)