Heat and Glo Ignition Trouble

Hello,
    I have a brand new Double sided Heat&Glo ST-HVBI-AU with a Remove REM-DLX-CE which have only been running a few weeks.
    The thermostat is set to 26C (I like it warm in here but yesterday it got a bit too warm and I used the Off Button to switch the whole thing off. And now I cant switch it back on. There is connection to the fireplace, cuz it is making noise when I push any button, but it doesnt "beep" right. There is 3 short blips and a 5 second one when I press to start up but then nothing happens.
    Can anyone help with this? Please???? Its getting cold in here.

Kind regards,
    Ella

If its brand new, call the dealer. Should be covered under warranty.

You could try unplugging the remote receiver for a minute then plugging it in again. Make sure the selection switch is in the "remote" position. If that doesn't fix it the problem might not be with the remote, but the fireplace itself.

Confused

I did ring the dealer and he will send someone in TWO WEEKS!! Thanks.

Just tried disconnecting the receiver and nothing has changed. FYI there is no option to choose remote or otherwise.

I just dont understand how pressing one button on a remote can cause havoc like this. Surely that remote must be more idiot proof than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie2010 View Post
    Hello,
    I have a brand new Double sided Heat&Glo ST-HVBI-AU with a Remove REM-DLX-CE which have only been running a few weeks.
    The thermostat is set to 26C (I like it warm in here but yesterday it got a bit too warm and I used the Off Button to switch the whole thing off. And now I cant switch it back on. There is connection to the fireplace, cuz it is making noise when I push any button, but it doesnt "beep" right. There is 3 short blips and a 5 second one when I press to start up but then nothing happens.
    Can anyone help with this? Please???? Its getting cold in here.

Kind regards,
    Ella
    What does your manual say, it appears that your remote is giving you some type of error code with the "beeps".

This particular sequence of the beeps are not mentioned in the manual, and others refer to battery replacement etc, which I have tried without success.

Make sure the on/off switch is in the on position.

The on/off switch I'm referring to is the rocker switch located on the gas valve next to the molex connector. The on position is the - side of the switch.

Ok FYI if anybody's interested, just had a 19yo around with a toolbag who told me the computer below the fireplace had been positioned wrong by the factory (in the middle where it is hottest) and had been overheated, so he has now replaced and moved it to the edge right by the fan and Im on fire

Thank you very much for your time and suggestions.
    Kind regards,
    Ella

The factory, or whoever installed it moved it on accident. Have seen it happen before. I figured when trying to reset the remote did not work something else was wrong that you would not be able to fix yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie2010 View Post
    I did ring the dealer and he will send someone in TWO WEEKS!! Thanks.

Just tried disconnecting the receiver and nothing has changed. FYI there is no option to choose remote or otherwise.

I just dont understand how pressing one button on a remote can cause havoc like this. Surely that remote must be more idiot proof than this.

WOW, two weeks to get a tech out in June???? Where are you located, maybe I need to expand my business out your way !!! I only have a 2 week wait time in the Winter.
    Common sense is NOT common !!!