Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    next week I am working on dextron unit. I have to recover entire charge(100+)Cant isolate.I never really recovered that large of charge. are there any tricks to speed up process.

I've recovered large amounts before, like over 2000lbs once. The only thing that works fast is a liquid pump with a special high pressure refrigerant seal. If not, the new reclaimers have a "liquid" option to recover the charge faster. Even that would probably take you 3 or 4 hours!

Pull a killer vacuum on your recovery tank(s).
    Push-Pull Method as far as you can.
    Keep your recovery tank(s) cool/cold (big ole ice bucket muahaha)
    The more storage capacity you can get (recovery tank size/number of tanks) the better off you'll be. Even if you have to daisy chain several smaller tanks.
    Couple recovery units paralleled. Be sure to run off seperate circuits so you don't trip a breaker though.

Be sure to carry plenty of Bologna and crackers

Originally posted by wormy
    Pull a killer vacuum on your recovery tank(s).
    Push-Pull Method as far as you can.
    Keep your recovery tank(s) cool/cold (big ole ice bucket muahaha)
    The more storage capacity you can get (recovery tank size/number of tanks) the better off you'll be. Even if you have to daisy chain several smaller tanks.
    Couple recovery units paralleled. Be sure to run off seperate circuits so you don't trip a breaker though.

Be sure to carry plenty of Bologna and crackers

Good advice, especially about keeping the tank in ice. I like using ice water instead of just ice.

i use an 06d compressor and a water cooled condenser with half inch hoses. it will pump 10lbs a minute of vapor. push pull about as fast as you can change tanks.

I always try to pump unit down as far as I can get it then isolate most of the charge in the condensor.Then with tanks in parallel and good vacuum wack the liquid into them.Then use push pull method as suggested before.100# should not take that long, I just did 600 with my little ampprobe reclaimer,mind you it took 7 hours and I was very bored waiting,I actually ended up going shopping and cleaning my van.

i was instructed by service manager to hook liquid line to liquid opening on recovery tank and recovery tank to vapor and connection pull out of that into another tank would this be same as push pull method.

freon rick what horsepower is that compressor and is it a skid mounted deal, how do you move it

take 2 50lb recovery tanks in a deep vac and go right to the liquid line with them teed together,open them up....go have coffee!and return to recover the rest thru the discharge and suction service valves,slightly crack the king valve to see if liquid is present right after you start the actual recovery with the reclaimer.keep the tanks out of the direct sun or slight water wash down wouldn't hurt

bobby m , the compressor is a 2 cylinder 460 3 phase unit. it was a pump out unit from a 19ea chiller. it mounts on top of the water cooled condenser. it is mounted on a wooden cart. it also has an oil seperater. i also made one berfore using spare parts. i do not use it to pull into a vacuum. i use a regular recovery machine for that.

maxter do you mean go right from unit to recovery bottles first without recovery machine

Talking

that's it.....bring the bottles up with the vacs on them, hook up your lines and purge to the tank valves and let it go,with the sun hitting the condenser and the bottles in the shade.even go for "3-50lbers" headed together the liquid line and condenser will move out before your done that coffee! check out my gizzmo for(recovering in hot mechanical rooms)in the top of "tips and tricks"

[Edited by maxster on 07-10-2004 at 05:48 PM]

Originally posted by maxster
    that's it.....bring the bottles up with the vacs on them, hook up your lines and purge to the tank valves and let it go,with the sun hitting the condenser and the bottles in the shade.even go for "3-50lbers" headed together the liquid line and condenser will move out before your done that coffee! check out my gizzmo for(recovering in hot mechanical rooms)in the top of "tips and tricks"

[Edited by maxster on 07-10-2004 at 05:48 PM]
    Get some cheap tubs from K-Mart. Put the recovery drums in them and add ice water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast