clean room question

I posted this question in the pro-technical forum and was advised to try it here too. i have a friend with a company that will need a 10 x 20 ft. clean room for microbalance purposes (weighing filters) if they win a particular contract. He said he'll need 30% (+/-5%) humidity and i think 68F as constants. i do residential installs and accessories, and service so this is kinda new for me. he needs to know what the costs would be (hvac portion) to condition/maintain such parameters. Can anyone give me a ballpark figure to convey? thx in advance

on one my accounts they use a bunch of regular package units for "clean room" applications.

of course, you need a unit that monitors and controls humidity as well.

I would say nothing really changes in your installation except you add a HEPA filter rack to the supply air side of things with a booster fan to compensate for the reduced flow.

so...start with your load calculations, find a unit that can handle it (and comes with humidity controls), and then go figure your costs

i'd say you need to know what Class .. clean room ... i.e. Class 100 ...

just adding some kinda HEPA filter ... don't make it ...

Class 100,000 you could get away probably without HEPA, anything more stringent like 10000, 1000, 100, 10, 1 means HEPAS.

You also need to be properly pressurized to keep dirty air out, the air supply system should be designed for the supply to push air to returns, the airflow volume should be high to move the air through filters more rapidly than normal, the room should have air locks.

More to the air side than adding a HEPA.

Not a system for a rookie to lay out.
    The way we build has a greater impact on our comfort, energy consumption and IAQ than any HVAC system we install.

http://www.ductstrap.com/

Sounds like they need to hire an engineer to do a proper design.