+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Employment possibility

Post Likes
    Foothills of NC here and sounds like a great deal for the right person. Do you have a direct contact number or better yet email address?

Post Likes
    Originally posted by loncalldaddy
    guys im not trying to to put the company down in any way. I think that they are looking for someone to put capitol into the business right away. They are wanting to sell the company so make sure if you are thinking about this position, you are in a position to purchase the business. This is not a company that you can go work for and work into owning. They want to get out of the AC business soon. No charity here boys.

The truth will set you free

Uh.... EXCUSE ME .......what planet are you from?

Have you personally investigated this company?
    Have you met these two people?
    Have you done anything other than offend me and embarass yourself by this last post?

In one single breath, you spit out; "I am not trying to put this company down in any way."

Oh ... is this the result of research? Have you received a written proposal from this family? Is this what they sent to you? That they want to cash out of thier contracting business?

Hmmm...now someone here is a liar. Debi says she is an open book. She instructed us to ask any question.

OnCall.... I dont know what makes you come up with stuff like this ... but unless you got something to back it up with, all your doing is spreading rumors and lying.

Here a few places where it's appropriate to stretch things;

"Hey buddy, what in that green can making that hissing noise?"
    RIGHT ANSWER: It's nitorgen Sir.

When the homeowner asks what you think of their exhisting furnace, you reply;

I love those furnaces, Sir. I have fixed many of them.

When the homeowner asks how long their furnace will last right after you replaced their gas valve and blower assembly.

RIGHT ANSWER: It should last you a very very long time Sir. And if it ever gives you any more trouble, you jus be sure and call me to come over and repair it for you.

See what I mean? We dont have to make stuff up. We dont have to spread rumors and creat lies about people we dont know.

On Call, Man, you should be ashamed of yourself.

[Edited by R12rules on 07-13-2004 at 01:12 AM]

Senior Tech Guest
    Originally posted by loncalldaddy
    guys im not trying to to put the company down in any way. I think that they are looking for someone to put capitol into the business right away. They are wanting to sell the company so make sure if you are thinking about this position, you are in a position to purchase the business. This is not a company that you can go work for and work into owning. They want to get out of the AC business soon. No charity here boys.

The truth will set you free
    Gotta go with R12 on this one...shooting from the hip, making statements that you know may not be true is cowardly, are you jealous? Trying to create controversy where it doesn't exist? Or maybe just plain stupid? A little harsh, but no more so than you with these people who at a minimum at least sound honest. Yah, I'm sure they would like to make a little cash...so what, I would. R12 has obviously checked into this and believe me when I say...I've never personally met either one of you, but I would certainly take his word over yours....anyday!

Post Likes
    nope i talked to them she told me she wanted right at 100k for the company.i told her i had no capitol and wanted to know if this was a tech position to work in to taking over by working and proving ones self.she said no .maybe if i had eqity in my house i could get a business loan.you do the math here folks

Post Likes
    ONCALL, maybe you have misconstrued our communication. And we did not talk but emailed briefly.

Yes, I did mention a figure of 100K, but not in the context that someone is going to have to buy us out right away. Oncall, you had stated you had no capitol, so I was just letting you know we are expecting it, and I gave you some suggestions on how you could work it out, and the figure thrown out there was so you could have a basis of our expectations, so you could make a decision whether to pursue this or not. I hope anyone would know we are not going to hand over a company and inventory without an investment.

I apparently do not know how to communicate with you guys on this. What I do know is this seems to be a great place to find what I am looking for, technicians that love their trade enough to spend their leisure time discussing it, men that are good at their trade, experience. I do need you to understand, that we are not wanting to hire a service tech that wants to be in someone else's employ. We want to hire someone that has intent to own our business someday. So this is a two-fold interviewing process. We are researching a potential employees abilities, character, interests, etc...and this same person is researching us to see if what we have is going to work for him. I want us to both fit, before the position is filled, as I would not want to employ someone for a year or two, to find out he had no intent to take over, but just wanted a good job. Then we have to start all over again. Precisely why honesty is important. If I deceive now, it will be found out, then I have wasted our time.

I am sorry that my approach was not appropriate for you all. Bob has researched this, and what he says is better then I have said. What I can tell you about us is we have no problems in the community, or with our vendors,(we even have one dealer rep that visits once a month, stay overnight with us, we go out to dinner and have a friendship) we make a bunch of money even at our level of "not to potential".
    Bob has some great ideas of making it a great company, much higher money making ability. We are not interested in being that big. If someone else is, I would love to see what we started become the biggest in the area. If we were that big, the takeover cost would be real big too. But right now,the selling amount will be for our inventory, vehicles, machines, tools, and there will be some value put on our name, as it is a good one we have made. There is a loyal customer base, no contracts. They just won't use anyone else. We don't need contracts.

If my husband, Don, was computer literate, I would have him doing this, but he is not. But he is a phone call away if you guys don't want to deal with me. There is alot more to this business then I can even explain which Don would be able to.

DEBI

[Edited by debigo on 07-13-2004 at 05:36 PM]

Post Likes
    There was a request for our phone number or email.

Don and Debi Johnston
    Mountain Air Heating Cooling and Electrical

828-389-1506 or 828-389-0440
    ralphsgranny@yahoo.com

Post Likes
    Oh no....I need to eat some crow and apologize. To oncall. I was so curious as to why you got the impression you did, so I checked back to what I had written to you. I can see how you got the impression that I was looking for a buyer, and not an employee wanting to purchase our business eventually. Taking that one email alone, it does give that impression. I apologize. I just took it for granted that you had been reading all my entries.

[Edited by debigo on 07-13-2004 at 05:37 PM]

Post Likes
    you sound like very nice, straight up people. if this was 10 years from now i would jump on it, good luck.
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King! semper fi

Post Likes
    Sometimes people just need to sit down and talk. Face to face.
    Over a meal.
    And once in awhile, even this is not enough.

But every once in awhile, you get a couple who both click and whamo ... you enjoy communication as you never thought possible.

But when someone skims over just what they want to hear or see ..... they end up with sketchy data. Bits and pieces of information that in it's entirety, is quite complete and revealing. But in it's partial state ... is incomplate and leads only to assumptions.
    ass u me ... no bueno

Post Likes
    thank you.i was not trying to come out like i was shooting you down but trying to pass on some info that i had got from you.yes it did seem to me that you wanted a buyer.but thats cool.i wish i could do these things(work for you and build the clientel but my credit sucks so i will bow out because i can never buy this buisness.thanks

Post Likes
    So what did you gys ever decide to do? I havent heard from you for awhile.

Post Likes
    Sore subject with me. I worked very hard to get some resumes for him, and he hasn't taken the time to call. He is so beat at the end of the day, he just isn't interested in anymore work. I know, I know....getting help would aleviate a lot of work for him. I just don't know what to do. But to keep asking him to call them every once in a while.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in