Thumbs up

I'm looking for a job as a helper in the HVAC-R industry. Recently finished school training in Laney College refrigeration department. I know that almost all companies want experienced technicians, but, how will get experience in the begining?...i have EPA-universal certification, good driver licence record, experience working with computers, responsible, and i like to learn.

Tell us a little bit about the course of study you just completed.

The HVAC program in Laney College is covered in at least three semesters, courses are: Basic electricity, welding, domestic refrigeration, mechanical and electrical devices, air conditioning and heating, forced air heating, and blue print reading. Aditionally, I took an introduction to computer hardware class.

You need to call Don Batts at CommAir and see if he will talk to you about a job. CommAir is a union contractor and if Don decides to hire you he will get you in the union. I belive that he is still working and has not retired.
    Wish you luck..
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]merken1[/FONT]

Short time ago I went to Local Union 342 in Concord, CA, they gave me a contractors list for this area, that list include Comm-Air and the contact person for this company is Don Batz. When I called them (like two months ago), someone told me that Mr Batz is no more the superintendent and contact me with the new person, Art Hoover. This man just ask me about my experience in the field, and told me that the company doesn't have open positions at the moment, that's it. My impression was that he doesn't care too much about school training. I don't know whether this is a general attitude, but I guess yes. I would like to be wrong.

Thanks so much for your atention.

well,try ATLAS in oakland on 32nd and peralta.i went to laney and i work for them now.the pay is alright, but its a great place to learn if your ambitious.it`s also a union shop.

I called to Atlas but couldn't talk directly with superintendent, so I left a message but haven't received a call back. What do you suggest me?, go directly to Atlas office or wait until this person call me back?.

Thanks.

Dont wait for someone to call you back. YOU be the agressor and CALL them again. Never be rude, always courteous. But be sure to get the point across that you are there to contact So and So.