Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast
    As good an explanation as any. Not even democrats understand,.. so maybe his motivation has nothing to do with partasain domestic polotics at all:

http://www.politico.com/news/stories...069_Page2.html
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Well said. We will see if the people of NY will accept everyone else's take on this who doesn't have to live near there. Security for that place could cost a pretty penny for the city when it gets built and the riots begin. The majority of people don't want it there.
    The city of New York is liberal, the sheep will do what they are told to do.

Havent met to many New Yorkers or anyone from Mass yet who didnt run his hole ,,,,,,,,,,,,and thats about it.
    Had several friends move from there to here, its amazing how all of them got a few beat downs because of it,,,,,,these german boys dont just talk.

Remember this is ground zero, these people have seen this, some where there in the city when it happened.
    Wonder who is going to build it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and how dirty they are going to feel.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    The city of New York is liberal, the sheep will do what they are told to do.

Wonder who is going to build it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and how dirty they are going to feel.
    the italian will, the arab will, the chinese will, the russian will, the other ethnic group in NYC will also as long as they get paid. Although I doubt the italian will be doing it, they're more new yorkian than american... some body gonna get whacked if construction starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    You are wrong. Obama avoided the controversy for many weeks without taking a stand.

He was pandering during a ramadamadiingdong muslim event.

Don't be such a tool.

You too Royc.
    I hope you are right about Obama just pandering to the Muslims. Obama does not seem to be aware that when he panders to one group, he alienates himself from others, so maybe that is what he is doing. It would be in line with the way Obama bounces around like someone who is just telling everyone what they want to hear while doing what he wants to do, no matter what.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by blitz View Post
    the italian will, the arab will, the chinese will, the russian will, the other ethnic group in NYC will also as long as they get paid. Although I doubt the italian will be doing it, they're more new yorkian than american... some body gonna get whacked if construction starts.
    Considering New York City is very Union strong, they will need the military there to get through the picket lines.

Just an observation here on this thread. It appears there are some who will defend the rights of the most murderous conspiracy every known to mankind in order to attack Christianity and in turn weaken the will of America to defend itself culturally, military and morally.

It appears they rather have America destroyed than allow Christianity to still exist in our country. This may seem crazy but in reality this could be the result of their actions and beliefs. I welcome a debate by the proponents of the temple of evil being built on hollowed ground next to the remains of the WTC. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Considering New York City is very Union strong, they will need the military there to get through the picket lines.
    The labor unions are also completely supported by leftist Democrats who will dictate that union workers do as they are told to do.

I won't be surprised if this project even gets some sort of government grant or tax credit.

There is a common theme for Muslims to build mosques on or near areas that they have defeated. Thousands of mosques worldwide are purposely placed on or very near religious and political conquests of Muslim attacks. This can be the only reason for Muslims wanting to build this Islamic cultural center and mosque as close to ground zero as they can. It will be the Islamic foothold on New York City.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Not at all. It's also not a Christian act. Just because bad people claiming to be Christians commit ungodly acts does not reflect on the teachings of Jesus Christ, only the evils that men do.

Please; read Mere Christianity and let me know what you think of it. I promise that whether you are a Christian, a pagan, an atheist or just don't really think much about spirituality at all, you will enjoy the book.
    Neither is flying planes into buildings a Muslim act. Every single religion known to humanity contains extremists who, in no way at all, are part of the religion they claim as their own.
    When you advocate killing Muslims because of the acts of radicals who claim to be a part of that religion, you are EXACTLY what you claim to despise.
    If you are a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or whatever...when you get to God there are a few things you will deal with in a life review. One will be what you did with the gift of a savior that God gave to you. Ground Zero will not contain a mosque but since we are all afforded freedom of/from religion, it's perfectly acceptable that a worship site can be constructed, provided it meets the requirements the city mandates

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I hope you are right about Obama just pandering to the Muslims. Obama does not seem to be aware that when he panders to one group, he alienates himself from others, so maybe that is what he is doing. It would be in line with the way Obama bounces around like someone who is just telling everyone what they want to hear while doing what he wants to do, no matter what.
    BO has no backbone. He is a coward in the face of our enemies. This will not change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan36 View Post
    Neither is flying planes into buildings a Muslim act. Every single religion known to humanity contains extremists who, in no way at all, are part of the religion they claim as their own.
    When you advocate killing Muslims because of the acts of radicals who claim to be a part of that religion, you are EXACTLY what you claim to despise.
    If you are a Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or whatever...when you get to God there are a few things you will deal with in a life review. One will be what you did with the gift of a savior that God gave to you. Ground Zero will not contain a mosque but since we are all afforded freedom of/from religion, it's perfectly acceptable that a worship site can be constructed, provided it meets the requirements the city mandates
    Outside of for defense, have I advocated the killing of others because they are Muslim? I believe I have been one who has been saying that most Muslims are decent people just trying to get through life as comfortable and preferably content as they can.

Unfortunately, Islamic teachings do advocate the killing of people like me. Whether decent people who happen to be Muslims want to kill me or not, it is very unnerving that their religion teaches that under the conditions that exist, they should kill me.

Allowing Muslim's to build a mosque so close to ground zero will not stop Muslim's from further aggrivating non-Muslims. Nothing will. Islam dictates that Muslims continue to aggrivate circumstances until they are opposed. At that time, Muslims have the excuse/reason to kill those who oppose them. It is a military formula for complete assimilation by force and coercsion. It has existed since Mohammed first developed Islamic commands and it has escalated as well. This is the third major assault on the world by Islam, and it may be the assault that does the most harm to the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Just an observation here on this thread. It appears there are some who will defend the rights of the most murderous conspiracy every known to mankind in order to attack Christianity and in turn weaken the will of America to defend itself culturally, military and morally.

It appears they rather have America destroyed than allow Christianity to still exist in our country. This may seem crazy but in reality this could be the result of their actions and beliefs. I welcome a debate by the proponents of the temple of evil being built on hollowed ground next to the remains of the WTC. Thank you, thank you very much
    Two words Glenn, The Constitution, there I won the debate.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    Well in my opinion Islam is not a religion and therefore not deserving protection by our Constitution.

I mean when "Islam" advocates the murdering of non Muslims and the conversion of the world to Islam by terrorism, murder and mass killings it ceases to be a religion deserving protection.

You go ahead and believe what you want and believe you have won the debate but to me you love Islam's rights more than you love the USA. Thank you, thank you very much
    Last edited by glennac; 08-15-2010 at 08:23 PM.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    The Constitution gives them the right to practice their religion and to build if given permission by the city. They do and they will build. The aftermath is left to the people who live there and the city to deal with when it goes bad.
    Some things are better avoided when you know the outcome can have serious problems....shame on NYC for what will happen!

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141518 ... LastLast