Mosque at 'ground zero'? - Page 7
Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    I found this on a blog.

There is already a grass roots movement amongst NY construction workers- NOT ONE is going to touch that building project. These rag heads are going to learn how thing are handled- NY style. You need union guys and permits and cement and iron and all kinds of SH IT to build this SH IT HOLE terrorist monument. Wait until EVERY NY "guy" who handles "these kinds of things" in NY says F U. NY construction- is TIGHT with NY cops and NY firefighters, etc - it's like "family". If these guys want- they can put up 10,000 road blocks to insure this SH IT HOLE will NEVER get built. ANY construction worker that touches this project will NEVER get another days work in NY for the rest of their life. That's how this will be "handled" in thee end.

Looks like it's going to start a war.
    I hope you are right. Unfortunately, especially with the economy the way it is, money talks and b.s. walks, and working on a project for Muslims will put food on the table for many of these workers.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I think they should build it and put radioactive isotopes in the walls...eventually all the rag heads would die from radiation poisoning.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

- General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    What puzzles me is why he would change from his neutral position. He knows the polling data on topic.

Impress muslims home and abroad, yes. But at stake 70% offense to Americans is a really big trade-off. I just don't get it.
    Maybe, it is because the Constitution is not meant to be subject to the whims of public opinion. And he has the courage to stand for what is right even when it is hard. That my friends (Term Used Loosely) is Character.

It never ceases to amaze me how you conservatives who hold the Constitution in such high regard are so willing to spit on it.

Yes, I believe it is very poor judgment on the part of Islam to build that mosque, and yes it repulses me. But watching you guys spit on that beautiful document repulses me even more.

And for all you bible thumpers "Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord".
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

well, why can't the US find bin Laden in 9 years?? who funded him in the 1st place, just like saddam and suharto. obama didn't deliver imo. he failed all the hyped. sure he's ur 1st coloured president, but still if he sucks he sucks. governator for president. schwarzenegger should be president. then he can terminator all the country's ploblems

Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid View Post
    Maybe, it is because the Constitution is not meant to be subject to the whims of public opinion. And he has the courage to stand for what is right even when it is hard. That my friends (Term Used Loosely) is Character.

It never ceases to amaze me how you conservatives who hold the Constitution in such high regard are so willing to spit on it.

Yes, I believe it is very poor judgment on the part of Islam to build that mosque, and yes it repulses me. But watching you guys spit on that beautiful document repulses me even more.

Exellent reply, couldnt have said it any better.

Not to mention that the use of "Rag Heads" and others similar are racial slurs, and have nothing to do with the religious tone of this conversation, and should not be allowed.

I have no problems with those of religion, as long as they stay within our constitution. Anyone in this country who attempts to circumvent our laws, by attempting to indroduce Sharia law, or any other religious laws that are not part of our laws, no matter what their birth of origin, should be politely shown a map where such laws are accepted, and asked which one they would prefer to go to, and be told that they are no longer welcomed to live here.

Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post

I have no problems with those of religion, as long as they stay within our constitution. Anyone in this country who attempts to circumvent our laws, by attempting to indroduce Sharia law, or any other religious laws that are not part of our laws, no matter what their birth of origin, should be politely shown a map where such laws are accepted, and asked which one they would prefer to go to, and be told that they are no longer welcomed to live here.

Roy
    amen brother.

Not to mention that the use of "Rag Heads" and others similar are racial slurs, and have nothing to do with the religious tone of this conversation, and should not be allowed.

Roy
    Well said. We will see if the people of NY will accept everyone else's take on this who doesn't have to live near there. Security for that place could cost a pretty penny for the city when it gets built and the riots begin. The majority of people don't want it there.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

No one is questioning Obama's character, other then what country his character is loyal to.

The fact is that no matter what kind of rhetoric is spewed out, it is a deliberate insult for Muslim's to even want to build a Muslim cultural and religious center so close to where Muslims murdered thousands of Americans. Of all of the places in the world to build this center, why do they want it so close to where it will be a constant reminder that Muslims murdered thousands in the name of their faith?

No one should have ever had to even think about such an atrocity. The very forethought of building such a place at that location had to be deliberate to provoke contraversy, anger and distain.

Roy
    What's with your being such a stick in the mud, politically correct snob about slur terms being used for certain types of people? While we have homosexuals destroying the values of marriage and Muslims murdering people worldwide, you are getting bent out of shape over terminology? Sorry, but that makes you sound like a real priss to me. So now you can complain to the admins about being called a priss too.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    No one is questioning Obama's character, other then what country his character is loyal to.

The fact is that no matter what kind of rhetoric is spewed out, it is a deliberate insult for Muslim's to even want to build a Muslim cultural and religious center so close to where Muslims murdered thousands of Americans. Of all of the places in the world to build this center, why do they want it so close to where it will be a constant reminder that Muslims murdered thousands in the name of their faith?

No one should have ever had to even think about such an atrocity. The very forethought of building such a place at that location had to be deliberate to provoke contraversy, anger and distain.
    Yet the city approved it. Who is to blame when all hell breaks loose?

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Yet the city approved it. Who is to blame when all hell breaks loose?
    This is what antagonists do. Would there have been any question if the KKK decided to build a White Supremecy culture center in this spot? Of course there would be. Why? Because, while there are no legal reasons to prevent the KKK from building there, the city can always find societal reasons to keep it from happening. However, everyone is so afraid of Muslim's commiting atrocities if they don't get what they want, the city planners are not going to cite societal reasons to prevent Muslim's from doing anything they want to do.

No matter how much Muslim's get away with being offensive to others, they will continue in order to create an eventual situation where they can claim that they are being persecuted so they will have a reason to follow the Qu'ran's commands to kill all who persecute Muslims.

You are wrong. Obama avoided the controversy for many weeks without taking a stand.

He was pandering during a ramadamadiingdong muslim event.

Don't be such a tool.

You too Royc.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast