Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    Political correctness be damned, no way should that be built on that site. If we don't get a grip on this situation between Islam and Radical Islam under some kind of control we are just playing into their hands. This is a slap in the face, I don't care what any of them say.

How many muslims have you seen get up and denounce ANY of the violence being done under the name of Islam.

It's long past time to get up and put our foot down once and for all.
    between Islam and Radical Islam

What's the difference?

If muslims do somehow manage to have a mosque built there, I think it is only fitting that we build a Hooters right next to it.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    True. But wgrr seems to be saying that capitalists are to blame for the lack of buildings on the sight.

Just wondering where he is coming from.
    Capitalist provide funding for projects like large buildings. Capitalist mearly loan their wealth to others or themeselves for multiple kinds of capital investments in hopes of making money on that investment.

In this day and age most big money is going into the stock market. The stock market was created to allow corporations to offer part "ownership" in their business in exchange for an influx of cash to build or get bigger. Investors win if the value of the company goes up and lose if it goes down.

Nowdays with all the "instruments" created by Wall Street we use the stock market to create a lot of wealth on paper that does nothing to build lasting capital investments in this country.

Take the MIT proffesor who invented a better battery than the Lithium Ion to power electric cars and other things. He went to Wall Street for money to start up the company and start manufacturing his batteries here in the US. He was told to go to the Chinese because he could get the batteries built for less there. No US investment, no American jobs, and no community building.

Thats a long way to go to say capitalist will not invest here because they feel like investing in America is not a very smart thing to do.

Without private money the Twin Towers will never be rebuilt. In a lot of ways the terrorist that knocked those buildings down have won.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas-Tech View Post
    In case you didn't know, New York is freakin broke, everyone is broke, put in a memorial park and save your money to keep the payments going support the entitlement programs there that have caused them to be broke in the first place.
    New York did not own the Twin Towers. The Port Athourity ran the towers. I believe the owner made out pretty good on the insurance settlement.

Do you think investment bankers are broke. Goldman Sachs could build the towers back and not even notice the reduction in their yearly profits.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Cool expensive real estate

Every square foot of Manhattan has to produce money, except the public parks and common areas. Privately owned land will always have to produce and will appreciate in value. I don't know if the Port Authority owns that land or if its privately owned but since it has proven how much revenue can be generated there, I'm sure it will always be a beacon of capitalism......until the Progressives nationalize it.

I am told this productivity quotient is the reason there are no gas stations in Manhattan---they can make more charging for parking instead.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    New York did not own the Twin Towers. The Port Athourity ran the towers. I believe the owner made out pretty good on the insurance settlement.

Do you think investment bankers are broke. Goldman Sachs could build the towers back and not even notice the reduction in their yearly profits.
    Give me a break. Do you really believe what you posted? Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Give me a break. Do you really believe what you posted? Thank you very much
    Yes, feel free to point out how I am wrong. Goldmans is in the banking business. Do you think a loan to rebuild the buildings would in anyway effect their bottom line negatively.

Yes, feel free to point out how I am wrong. Goldmans is in the banking business. Do you think a loan to rebuild the buildings would in anyway effect their bottom line negatively.
    So you think they have enough money to loan out to rebuild the WTC? It cost 1.5 billion to build but now it will cost an estimated 10 billion to rebuild. Thank you very much

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/16/ny...hat-could.html
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Every square foot of Manhattan has to produce money, except the public parks and common areas. Privately owned land will always have to produce and will appreciate in value. I don't know if the Port Authority owns that land or if its privately owned but since it has proven how much revenue can be generated there, I'm sure it will always be a beacon of capitalism......until the Progressives nationalize it.

I am told this productivity quotient is the reason there are no gas stations in Manhattan---they can make more charging for parking instead.
    I think the rebuilding has actually started I believe there are 4 stories of sub-basements below the underground parking garage. Repairing the damaged infrastructure and re-pouring support foundations can take many years.

Until the Progressives nationalize it. who proposed that? Obama and his administration are anything but Progressive.

Every time I read a post here that sounds well thought out, I get to the end and there is some comment so far out of context it gets me laughing so hard I shoot the 18 YO Glenlevit I am drinking out my nose. That hurts and is very expensive. Please stop. Thats for you Mrs. Reb

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    So you think they have enough money to loan out to rebuild the WTC? It cost 1.5 billion to build but now it will cost an estimated 10 billion to rebuild. Thank you very much

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/05/16/ny...hat-could.html
    If Goldman Sachs had cut out half the bonuses for 2009 it would cover that 10 billion 100% in cash. If they cut all the bonuses out they could have doubled the money to rebuild. GS profits in 2009 were 5 billion that is after billions were skimmed off the top. <slap forehead>

If Goldman Sachs had cut out half the bonuses for 2009 it would cover that 10 billion 100% in cash. If they cut all the bonuses out they could have doubled the money to rebuild. GS profits in 2009 were 5 billion that is after billions were skimmed off the top. <slap forehead>
    Not that it matters in a discussion about a mosque being built...you are correct about GS.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...hs-pay-bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    Not that it matters in a discussion about a mosque being built...you are correct about GS.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...hs-pay-bonuses
    The mosque is not going to be built on ground zero or anywhere around it. It won't happen.

The response I gave was a direct answer to a question in this thread.

The mosque is not going to be built on ground zero or anywhere around it. It won't happen.

The response I gave was a direct answer to a question in this thread.
    Yes ...that response was. Your original post had nothing to do the discussion of a mosque being built anywhere.
    There should already be buildings on the site. One as tall as the tallest building in the world, and one slightly taller. The fact that this has not happened is a sorry comment one the resolve of the citizens of this country. I guess the capitalist are to busy making money in the past and current Wall Street bubbles.

I think the rebuilding has actually started I believe there are 4 stories of sub-basements below the underground parking garage. Repairing the damaged infrastructure and re-pouring support foundations can take many years.

Until the Progressives nationalize it. who proposed that? Obama and his administration are anything but Progressive.

Every time I read a post here that sounds well thought out, I get to the end and there is some comment so far out of context it gets me laughing so hard I shoot the 18 YO Glenlevit I am drinking out my nose. That hurts and is very expensive. Please stop. Thats for you Mrs. Reb
    Anybody know what the construction would look like from the air?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&um=...ed=0CBcQnwIwAA

Not letting me post the proper url, give me a minute. That's better. Not sure what the foundation should look like but...

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast