Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Part of the article made mention of the fact that it's very possible that any buildings at 'ground zero' will attain national monument status.

There should be nothing religious (ANY religion) in that place. Make it green space or something but do not put a temple to the religion of the "ones" that killed them over the graves of the ones who died there.

That's not religious freedom--it is sacrilegious.
    Bummer because across the street directly from where all three buildings stood is one of the olderst churches in that area. Amazing not one glass stained window was blown out or not one grave marker was knocked over.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Part of the article made mention of the fact that it's very possible that any buildings at 'ground zero' will attain national monument status.
    There was no mention of buildings at ground zero will possibly attain monument status. However the article did mention that the current building at the proposed building site could possibly receive "landmark" status because it is historically and architecturally significant.

There should be nothing religious (ANY religion) in that place. Make it green space or something but do not put a temple to the religion of the "ones" that killed them over the graves of the ones who died there.

That's not religious freedom--it is sacrilegious.
    The proposed building site is not at ground zero, it is two blocks away.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Guys - Don't take me wrong, I'm mad as hell at the radical Islam that commits acts of terrorism on innocent people.

And I think this mosque at ground zero is a terrible idea.

I'm just reminding you that the same part of the constitution that gives us (Christians) the freedom to exercise our religion also gives them the same freedoms. We can't have this freedom unless we extend it to them as well. That's the law we live under.

And we cannot lower ourselves to their level or they win.
    Ken the earlier posts on here were an expression of pure outrage that American Muslims would even dare and try and stick a finger in our eye by wanting to build a mosque in the Area. This is like saying that we want to celebrate what our fellow true believers in Islam did with the murdering of 3,000 innocent Americans in the name of Alla by building a Mosque here in honor of them.

Allowing a mosque to be built here would be the ultimate betrayal of the Americans who lost their lives on 911 and the most extreme PC act which I could ever imagine. Personally I would have no problem with a church being built there but not a mosque.

In the country where most of the murdering Muslims came from Saudi Arabia there is not one church anywhere and you are not allowed to openly wear a cross or have a bible. I sure hope this will never happen. I know you basically agree with me on that but I just wanted to say what I really think about it in lieu of my earlier outburst on this subject. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post
    Guys - Don't take me wrong, I'm mad as hell at the radical Islam that commits acts of terrorism on innocent people.

And I think this mosque at ground zero is a terrible idea.

I'm just reminding you that the same part of the constitution that gives us (Christians) the freedom to exercise our religion also gives them the same freedoms. We can't have this freedom unless we extend it to them as well. That's the law we live under.

And we cannot lower ourselves to their level or they win.

I understand what your saying, but how many building permits are denied on extraneous conditions ???

This is simply another "shot across the bow".

I seriously don't think people realize whats happening to our country. We are slowly being consumed by a religion of intolerance. One day we are going to wake up and find we are no longer the land of the free.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

There should already be buildings on the site. One as tall as the tallest building in the world, and one slightly taller. The fact that this has not happened is a sorry comment one the resolve of the citizens of this country. I guess the capitalist are to busy making money in the past and current Wall Street bubbles.
    Signature on hold. Trying to find a real Jefferson quote I like. Others here have bogus Jefferson quotes too.

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    There should already be buildings on the site. One as tall as the tallest building in the world, and one slightly taller. The fact that this has not happened is a sorry comment one the resolve of the citizens of this country. I guess the capitalist are to busy making money in the past and current Wall Street bubbles.
    Why should there be buildings there and why those particular heights? And what does capitalism have to do with it?
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    Why should there be buildings there and why those particular heights? And what does capitalism have to do with it?
    It's capitalism that Islam teaches is so evil. It is a major issue with Muslims...particularly extremists.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

True. But wgrr seems to be saying that capitalists are to blame for the lack of buildings on the sight.

Just wondering where he is coming from.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    True. But wgrr seems to be saying that capitalists are to blame for the lack of buildings on the sight.

Just wondering where he is coming from.
    Red Square. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them."
    Barry Goldwater

Political correctness be damned, no way should that be built on that site. If we don't get a grip on this situation between Islam and Radical Islam under some kind of control we are just playing into their hands. This is a slap in the face, I don't care what any of them say.

How many muslims have you seen get up and denounce ANY of the violence being done under the name of Islam.

It's long past time to get up and put our foot down once and for all.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Quote Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
    In case you didn't know, New York is freakin broke, everyone is broke, put in a memorial park and save your money to keep the payments going support the entitlement programs there that have caused them to be broke in the first place.
    I'm not tolerating Political Correctness anymore, from now on it's tell it like it is.

Veto Pro Pak - The best tool bag you'll ever own

Just proposing to build a mosque anywhere near the proximaty of ground zero is complete insensitive arrogance. Muslims are taught from the Qu'ran that they are to kill non-Muslims anywhere that non-Muslims persecute Muslims. By proposing a mosque be put so close to ground zero will cause enough ruckus for Muslims to feel persecuted. If they actually put the mosque so close to ground zero, there is a very good chance that someone will desecrate the mosque. That would give Muslims even more reason to claim persecution.

This has been standard operating proceedures for Muslims for 1,400 years. What a pity we don't learn from the mistakes made in history.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

how many building permits are denied on extraneous conditions ???

Exactly. The permit should be denied. Not to infringe upon religious freedom but because there are very many in the city who do not want it there for whatever the reason. Build it somewhere else. Same as if it were an unwanted zoo or walmart or homeless shelter. Walmarts get denied sometimes, I have read several accounts, are they being denied freedom of commerce? No. Just told to build elsewhere because many residents happen to be unhappy about it.

Since the muslims insist on building there, it is a blatant attempt to poke a stick in the eye of the NYers and USA in general. Any sense of compassion or decency would promptly demand that they withdraw the application in light of such opposition.

As for monument status: Yes this will be a monument. Muslims will pilgrimage from far and wide to go here and reverently pay tribute to the 17 holy-warriors who gave their lives that day in the name of allah. There is your monument.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast