Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast
Results 157 to 169 of 360
  1. #157
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Rochester, NY, USA
    Posts
    14,511
    Problem solved
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

  2. #158
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,398
    As much as I hate the idea (as others have mentioned) they do have the right to build there. There is no logical rational for building there but to stick it in our face. I am not al all surprised how the liberal lefties like Anita Dunn stick up for the Muslims while they say nothing about the Greek Orthodox Church that wants to rebuild is continuously being denied.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  3. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,627
    Here's the thing

    This isn't bring built on ground zero

    It's being built in the vicinity ,there are already mosques in the area etc.

    Look up new York times for detailed info.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  4. #160
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    I found this on a blog.

    There is already a grass roots movement amongst NY construction workers- NOT ONE is going to touch that building project. These rag heads are going to learn how thing are handled- NY style. You need union guys and permits and cement and iron and all kinds of SH IT to build this SH IT HOLE terrorist monument. Wait until EVERY NY "guy" who handles "these kinds of things" in NY says F U. NY construction- is TIGHT with NY cops and NY firefighters, etc - it's like "family". If these guys want- they can put up 10,000 road blocks to insure this SH IT HOLE will NEVER get built. ANY construction worker that touches this project will NEVER get another days work in NY for the rest of their life. That's how this will be "handled" in thee end.


    Looks like it's going to start a war.
    Terrorist monument?? The damn thing is a recreation center, with a culinary school and a basketball court in it, that ANYONE can use. The top two floors are to be used for muslim prayer..oooohhh...how threatening. Evey Christian church should be protested as well, because some Christians are a much bigger threat than 99% of the Muslims in this country. And when it comes down to it, union workers will build it. Like Robo said, food on the table will come first over some paranoid fears being fueled by the right wing politicians who know this is their best chance of being elected in November, by playing the fear card. And as far as your comment about any construction worker who touches it not ever working in NYC again...seriously????? Come on man, you actually believe that?

  5. #161
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,879
    If you really want to be accurate (Though I know arp is not known for accuracy) its not a mosque.

    Its a cultural center. I know you won't think so but there is a big difference. A mosque can be used for nothing other than worship.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

  6. #162
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Madison Wisconsin
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    The United States of America declared war on Iraq. There was no religion involved in that war whatsoever from the point of view of the U.S.

    You not only are always wrong, you refuse to admit that you are wrong. I don't know if this makes you a complete idiot, a troll or what, but no matter what your reason for always being wrong, you are still wrong.

    Show support for your absurd claims that the recent war in Iraq was a Christian war or admit that you are wrong.

    Buddhist's for the most part are against war. However, Buddhists will fight in war for specific reasons. If there has been a Buddhist fighting in Iraq on the side of the U.S., by your silly standards, it was a Buddhist war. However, by all rational standards, the war in Iraq was a strictly political war. Anyone believing the war in Iraq was a Christian war is simply wrong and cannot in any way justify this absurd claim.
    If you honestly believe religious beliefs had nothing to do with Bush starting the war in Iraq, then I have a luxurious 4 bedroom beach front home in Baghdad to sell you for the cool price of a half a million dollars. I think you're the one who's usually wrong here.

  7. #163
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,398
    The building is one that was damaged during 911 and is considered by many as part of ground zero...I guess. I have a problem with it because of the motive to build there. What is the Imam's REAL motive? IMO it's antagonistic and that's why it's being pursued.

    In the mean time the Imam is flying around the world on the U.S. taxpayers dime soliciting $$ to build it, and, the U.S. taxpayer is rebuilding Mosques in places like Cairo. I guess the Feds can do that because it's not called a Church or Synagogue.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  8. #164
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by frozensolid View Post
    If you really want to be accurate (Though I know arp is not known for accuracy) its not a mosque.

    Its a cultural center. I know you won't think so but there is a big difference. A mosque can be used for nothing other than worship.
    Now that is just flat-out wrong.

    Mosques usually serve multi-functions.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  9. #165
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    Hell boy, it was in all the papers.

    God told Christian Bush to mount a crusade against the infidel........next thing you know tens of thousands of Iraqis knocked off.
    Wow, is that the leftist mantra now? I thought it was for Haliburton or to revenge daddy Bush or to drive up the cost of oil or etc...

    Let me know when you leftist conspiracy theory nutballs decide on why he invaded Iraq.

    I'm having a hard time keeping up with all of the spook theories you come up with.

  10. #166
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Northern Indiana
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by frostman View Post
    Terrorist monument?? The damn thing is a recreation center, with a culinary school and a basketball court in it, that ANYONE can use. The top two floors are to be used for muslim prayer..oooohhh...how threatening. Evey Christian church should be protested as well, because some Christians are a much bigger threat than 99% of the Muslims in this country. And when it comes down to it, union workers will build it. Like Robo said, food on the table will come first over some paranoid fears being fueled by the right wing politicians who know this is their best chance of being elected in November, by playing the fear card. And as far as your comment about any construction worker who touches it not ever working in NYC again...seriously????? Come on man, you actually believe that?
    Ohhh, a basketball court. Maybe they can play some 3 on 3 after they design and build a bomb in the basement.

    Could you explain how Christian churches threaten Muslims.

    Right wing politicians??? Harry Ried??? Even your hero BO thinks it's a stupid idea. Should they be allowed to build? Yes Should they build? No

    I agree that Constitutionally there is nothing to stop them. I 100% support their right to build it. However, talk about insensitive. There must be a shortage of space to build on in lower Manhatten. The whole thing is nothing but a big FU to the victims of 911. They know exactly what they are doing and they also know that this is the USA and that they are afforded this kind of freedom in this country only. Let them try to build a Baptist church in Basra.

    Of course, we have to remove Christian symbols in the middle of deserts because they are on "government land".

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Jun8.html

  11. #167
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zelienople, Pa
    Posts
    2,965
    Muslims bring down the Trade Centers. Muslims build Mosque in the general area of "victory".
    Muslims around the world celebrate their victory with a new monument at the area of their battle.
    How tall are you Private???!!!!

  12. #168
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    1,210
    Frostman; your misreading it. I said "I found this on a blog" Someone else said all that. Apparently their from N.Y. City.

    I said "Looks like its going to start a war"

  13. #169
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    It's like planting a big trophey... Get real... how interesting they would chose that location!

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 36789101112131415161718192023 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event