Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728
    Anyone mention the Greek orthodox church that was crushed by one of the towers.
    They were supposed to get help rebuilding, but new York city has ceased negotiations.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Regarding St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Church

"By late 2008, St. Nicholas and the Port Authority had reached a tentative agreement for the church to give up its 1,200-square-foot site at 155 Cedar Street in exchange for 130 Liberty Street, a bigger site half a block away."

"Six months later, the Port Authority said negotiations ended because St. Nicholas demanded too much money and approval power over a vehicle security center beneath the sites. Port Authority spokesman Stephen Sigmund said the church can return to its original location."

"In 2009, we made our final offer, which again included up to $60 million in public money, and told St. Nicholas Orthodox Church that the World Trade Center could not be delayed over this issue," he said in a written statement. "They rejected that offer."

"A three- or four-story building that meets the city's Ground Zero security requirements will cost at least $30 million, Couloucoundis (president of the St. Nicholas parish council) said. The church has raised about $4 million so far, with donations coming in from around the world. Concerns about sloppy book-keeping has prompted the archdiocese to step in to help oversee the funds, he added, and a forensic accountant will be hired to go over the bookkeeping."

For a different "feel" on this story visit Fox News.

Then again it could be that Obama is stepping in making sure he and his Islamo Fascist's get what they want.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Daytona, I might offer this as an answer to your astute question.

Islam and atheism are congruent. There is only one true God...Jehovah, the Creator. Atheists and Islam both deny His existence. Therefore, they are in agreement. Why would one argue with one with which he agrees?
    Seeing as how your god is the same god as the Islamic god, you've backed yourself into a rather logical corner.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    Atheists deny the existence of all things spiritual. They also detest religiosity. Why do they not detest a religion that believes in all sorts of hocus pocus, pie in the sky nonsense?
    We do.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by daytonafan View Post
    I also think it's very interesting that I pose this question and all I get are conservatives responding.

Where are our resident leftists at when I need them?
    Right here.

Did you have something you wanted to discuss?

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by zachhvac View Post
    Anyone mention the Greek orthodox church that was crushed by one of the towers.
    They were supposed to get help rebuilding, but new York city has ceased negotiations.
    Did you mention something about "hating reality"?

Chapman Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by geerair View Post
    There she is......get that mans haircut yet?

Just curious are you an attorney or an editor, your debating methods are obviously designed to make others feel inferior , even though they dont work , and you are also the smartest guy/girl you know.

Enquiring minds want to know.
    Last edited by Some Dude; 09-02-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Seeing as how your god is the same god as the Islamic god, you've backed yourself into a rather logical corner.
    God is God for everyone. I don't know who Allah is, but if not just a cover for Mohamed's creation of a pseudo religious political organization, then I will have to assume that Allah is Satan and that the Qu'ran is Satanic verses.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Dont test me cupcake, just because your birkenstocks are to tight doesnt mean you can talk smack to me.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/19/ny.../19church.html

Theres some reality for ya, put your man specs on a read

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182122232425262728