Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast

Mosque at 'ground zero'?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100526/ap_on_re_us/us_ground_zero_mosque

NEW YORK After hours of contentious public comment, a New York City community board voted late Tuesday to support a plan to build a mosque and cultural center near ground zero.

Isn't this similar to waving a red flag in front of a bull??
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I say let 'em build it, fill it with Muslims, and fly a plane into it.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    Beat me to the punch there boots. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by bootlen View Post
    A plane full of Muslims?

OK, difficult subject. Let's take an objective look at it.

First off, I'll be crystal clear; I don't like it! OK, got that out of the way.

Secondly, we should all remember that the part of the constitution that gives Christian free exercise (amendment 1) gives Muslims and people of other faiths the same rights. Our freedom comes at a price, others have equal freedoms. They have as much right to build a mosque as some of us do to throw up a Baptist church.

Thirdly, if we wish innocent people dead, we're as bad as the terrorists are. I know you guys were probably kidding, just keeping it real.

Forthly (is forthly a word?), this reeks of political correctness and I think it's a huge mistake. This won't provide healing as they claim, it will be a thorn in the side of the US people. I'm not sure how much of this was the Imans and how much was the city council, but I think it's a terrible decision. The council may be powerless to stop them because of the First Amendment, but they should try and find a way to put this mosque elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by k_fridge View Post

Secondly, we should all remember that the part of the constitution that gives Christian free exercise (amendment 1) gives Muslims and people of other faiths the same rights. Our freedom comes at a price, others have equal freedoms. They have as much right to build a mosque as some of us do to throw up a Baptist church.

Thirdly, if we wish innocent people dead, we're as bad as the terrorists are. I know you guys were probably kidding, just keeping it real.

Forthly (is forthly a word?), this reeks of political correctness and I think it's a huge mistake. This won't provide healing as they claim, it will be a thorn in the side of the US people. I'm not sure how much of this was the Imans and how much was the city council, but I think it's a terrible decision. The council may be powerless to stop them because of the First Amendment, but they should try and find a way to put this mosque elsewhere.
    In a better place and time I would say live and let live. It now seems like we are being bombarded by politcal correctness. I'm sure not too many people would mind a mosque built....just not there. How many muslims are in the fight against muslim terrorists? I tried finding that out a few years back and have no evidence of many...a link http://www.theamericanmuslim.org/tam...d_terrorism_2/
    They are the enemy until they prove otherwise. Rubbing salt in our wounds will only exacerbate the problem.
    Last edited by pdrake65; 05-26-2010 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pdrake65 View Post
    A plane full of Muslims?
    Oh, YEAH, BABY!!

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

Proud member of KA Club

Let's keep it real. How many baptist churches are there in Medina or Mecca. I'll give you a clue.

Why should we tolerate intolerance. What I mean by that is that Islam is the most intolerant religion there is. Why allow it to flourish in our civil society in order to demean our society? Take a look at Andy McCarthy's writings.
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

It was an attack on the US. The mosque construction is no more than a test to see just how far they can get. The answer should not be no but HELL NO! They can worship in a million other places in the US. But at Ground Zero?

I say again, "HELL NO!!"

When Islam has captured and executed each and every radical, MAYBE THEN I trust them further than I can pee up a rope. Until that time, as far as I'm concerned, they can all BITE ME!

Proud member of KA Club

The question I would like to know is why of all times would Muslims ask for a permit to have one of there "places" in that particular area. I don't think we have to worry about political correctness. I think they do.

Because of the timing, location and situation they are pushing it in our nose in our own borders and, once again, using our freedoms against us just as they did with our freedom to travel.

It stinks and I think some one somewhere is going to need to finally call these folks out. Give them a permit but make the starting date 50 years from now.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Guys - Don't take me wrong, I'm mad as hell at the radical Islam that commits acts of terrorism on innocent people.

And I think this mosque at ground zero is a terrible idea.

I'm just reminding you that the same part of the constitution that gives us (Christians) the freedom to exercise our religion also gives them the same freedoms. We can't have this freedom unless we extend it to them as well. That's the law we live under.

And we cannot lower ourselves to their level or they win.

Part of the article made mention of the fact that it's very possible that any buildings at 'ground zero' will attain national monument status.

There should be nothing religious (ANY religion) in that place. Make it green space or something but do not put a temple to the religion of the "ones" that killed them over the graves of the ones who died there.

That's not religious freedom--it is sacrilegious.
    Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mrs reb77 View Post
    Part of the article made mention of the fact that it's very possible that any buildings at 'ground zero' will attain national monument status.

There should be nothing religious (ANY religion) in that place. Make it green space or something but do not put a temple to the religion of the "ones" that killed them over the graves of the ones who died there.

That's not religious freedom--it is sacrilegious.
    I missed that part, but I agree with you on this.

Page 1 of 28 1234567811 ... LastLast