Market. Deli case warm. Fans out. Guy tells me upon arrival the breaker keeps tripping so he jus keeps on resetting it .... An hour later I got everythig isolated and figure there bad wiring in my underground.

To make a long story short ..... an electrical crew was caled out, on overtime, to figure out where the wires are and what's shorted and to fix it all up, save for my part.

So I'm there jus standing around, for hours, while the "sparkey's" are doin all the work.

Funniest part when getting home at eleven thirty last night and my service manager called right after the alarm went off this morning. He asked if I was still in Lockhart. (my town)
    I said sure. (while I'm thinking ... well duh? .. where the heck else would I be at this hour?)

He gave me a first call at my local store. How nice.

...am I still in Lockhart? ......

Never a dull moment in market work!

we have to wait around to make sure electrician does it properly, they do need guidance most of time

Originally posted by shaun66
    we have to wait around to make sure electrician does it properly, they do need guidance most of time

No doubt about that.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

Originally posted by frozensolid
    Originally posted by shaun66

No doubt about that.
    That's the truth. Met very few electricians that knew anything about electricity. BUt the couple that did understand were worth their weight in gold on the after hours stuff.

I stood around @ the mechanical room door waiting for a qualified forklift driver to raise a simple 15 hp compressor to the door, then wait again for the driver to take it away. Life is good, take the good and the bad, and land somewhere in the middle. Love the market field..

I love electricians.

i finished up installing the AC portion of a residentioal unit in may that the furnace was installed in october of last year, the apartment was vacant and another crew were there working remodeling the kitchen and bathroom the tstat was a heating only cheepie that there is no subase made for it so i just yanked it along with the wire cause it was only 2 conductor, among being on the job with these guys, one mentioned he was a union electrician for 4 years, im thinking why did he quit union electricians are one of the highest paid, but i left the low voltage from the condensing unit wrapped around the line set. was gonna attach the next day along with the new tstat, since noone was living there and our company is well aquainted with the owner we didnt go back for like 4 days to put in the tstat, we were just to busy, thank god i took the diconnect pullout with me, upon returning i found the condensing unit wires attached to r and g, this so called electrician said i tryd connecting the wire between a few terminals and nothing ever happed

well duh i just started laughing so damn hard and said i thought you were a union electrician he dropped his tools got in the car a drove off, it was 12:00 he prolley went to lunch

Frown 716

Im a electrician 2 wire hook up 3 wire drag up!!!!

Nothing sweeter in this trade than backing a cocky electrician into a corner and making him admit he doesn't have a clue...preferably in front of his other semi-skilled co-workers...Whew! that feels better