Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Originally posted by Diceman
    Originally posted by i_got_ideas
    NOTICE.......

He is still a self-made man. He ain't riding on the coat-tails of daddy war-bucks like G. Dubya Bush. So is it that you are just jealous that he made something of himself or what?
    Yup, he sure is, funny how the repubs think that capatilism is bad when it's a demo who succeeds, huh??
    Succeeds? That is like justifying the Mafia's success.

You talk about jobs losses, Ken Lay? This guy has put little people out of work while amassing a personal fortune.

He's worse than Keery if anyone could be that.

Well don't forget that Mr. Ken Lay and your precious George Dubya Bush are great buddies. Hell, they probably sit back and laugh about how bad they screw people each night.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Re: Unlike you

Originally posted by rob10
    I have benefitted from the new tax structure on stock. Also, earned income credit is nothing more than government welfare which puts a higher tax burden back on me. I have done great financially under the Bush administration. 3 out of 4 years, I have made more in the stock market than what I have in the trade. Bush will keep the war on terrorism on foreign soil, while the dims will allow it to come to our home soil. Kerry has no clue on a long term energy policy. He's voted against and filibustered the artic drilling issue. The dims are pro-gay and pro-abortion. Just a few of a hundred reasons why I will vote BUSH-CHENEY!!

I too am STRONGLY agains the Artic drilling.....put the F**cker in Bush's front yard if that's what he wants.

And you have backed my thinking, you should only be a Republican if you have money. You have made it clear you are comfy finacially so yes, you think that it is ok to only worry about yourself. I couldn't afford to invest in stocks if my life depended on it.

Here in the midwest I make by our standards good money, but I am just over the poverty level on National standards. Here where I live, $30,000 a year is good pay. Most people make less than $10per hour. I am at $16, yes, I'm not affraid to tell ya, it's a good wage here. However, When Bush gives tax cuts to the middle-class, most midwesterners miss out on even that.

I guess I should move to another area where I can make more for doing the same work, and just say screw everyone.

Hey dude

I didn't have money to invest either. I took a chance and borrowed 10 grand for seed capital. You, like the rest of the dumbocrats apparently think the government owes them something. They are dead wrong!!

I also see

That you are not a Site Supporter like most of the dumbocrats on this site. What's up with this??!!

Whats wrong with Arctic drilling.

The dumbocrats are crying that we are in Iraq for the oil. What other choice do we have??

Re: Whats wrong with Arctic drilling.

The dumbocrats are crying that we are in Iraq for the oil. What other choice do we have??

I never said that, I don't think it's about the oil at all. For revenge shure.

Besides, according to Bush, it's not about the oil. Yep, they have all that damn oil but it's our tax money that has to pay for Bush's war games. That's why I feel the government owes me, not a lot, just my share of the $87Bill.
    Don't get me wrong, I support our troops whole heartedly and don't want to hinder thier abilities in any way. However, the bill for the war should be paid for by Iraq, not us. Don't even think I don't support the war, I justify it as a humanitarian effort, but we shouldn't have gone in alone.

Other choices.....Hydrogen, Solar, Wind, Coal, Nuclear, Natural gas, Ethanol, Biodiesel, etc.
    There are options, ever hear of E-85? It's fuel for cars made of 85% Ethanol, 85% Corn, grown right in my back yard, and it's renewable. E-85 is also cheaper per gallon and there are already hundreds of thousands of cars that can run on it out, people just don't know about it.

CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.e85fuel.com/

Don't try to tell me we need that oil, we sure as hell don't. I am not enviromentalist by any means, just concerned about the future that my daughter and all of our children have to grow up in.

That's funny, no E-85 stations in Texas......hhhmmmmm, the work of Mr. Bush? He must think that Texans don't deserve $.85 per gallon fuel, yep, that's the current price. Guess Bush had better invest in some big green Iowa corn fields.

I forgot to mention that E-85 fuel burns far cleaner than petro based fuels. I for one would like to see my daughter grow up in an environment she can breath in.

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 07-10-2004 at 05:42 AM]

NOTICE.......

He is still a self-made man. He ain't riding on the coat-tails of daddy war-bucks like G. Dubya Bush. So is it that you are just jealous that he made something of himself or what?
    Yup, he sure is, funny how the repubs think that capatilism is bad when it's a demo who succeeds, huh??

You talk about jobs losses, Ken Lay? This guy has put little people out of work while amassing a personal fortune.

Well don't forget that Mr. Ken Lay and your precious George Dubya Bush are great buddies. Hell, they probably sit back and laugh about how bad they screw people each night.
    This is why you should be playing with crayons and not on the Internet. It is a good thing that you are a democrat when you make comparisons like this.

NOTICE.......

This is why you should be playing with crayons and not on the Internet. It is a good thing that you are a democrat when you make comparisons like this.

Truth hurt a bit did it?

Re: Re: Whats wrong with Arctic drilling.

Besides, according to Bush, it's not about the oil. Yep, they have all that damn oil but it's our tax money that has to pay for Bush's war games. That's why I feel the government owes me, not a lot, just my share of the $87Bill.
    Don't get me wrong, I support our troops whole heartedly and don't want to hinder thier abilities in any way. However, the bill for the war should be paid for by Iraq, not us. Don't even think I don't support the war, I justify it as a humanitarian effort, but we shouldn't have gone in alone.

Other choices.....Hydrogen, Solar, Wind, Coal, Nuclear, Natural gas, Ethanol, Biodiesel, etc.
    There are options, ever hear of E-85? It's fuel for cars made of 85% Ethanol, 85% Corn, grown right in my back yard, and it's renewable. E-85 is also cheaper per gallon and there are already hundreds of thousands of cars that can run on it out, people just don't know about it.

Don't try to tell me we need that oil, we sure as hell don't. I am not enviromentalist by any means, just concerned about the future that my daughter and all of our children have to grow up in.

That's funny, no E-85 stations in Texas......hhhmmmmm, the work of Mr. Bush? He must think that Texans don't deserve $.85 per gallon fuel, yep, that's the current price. Guess Bush had better invest in some big green Iowa corn fields.

I forgot to mention that E-85 fuel burns far cleaner than petro based fuels. I for one would like to see my daughter grow up in an environment she can breath in.

================================================== ==========

You can't be "for the troops" and "against the war". You should know that if you served.

And the "government" owes you jack. Grow up!
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Re: Re: Re: Whats wrong with Arctic drilling.

Originally posted by bootlen

================================================== ==========

You can't be "for the troops" and "against the war". You should know that if you served.

And the "government" owes you jack. Grow up!

Somewhere I wrote, I am not against the war. I believe we souldn't have went in alone but I know the war was nessacary, especially from a humanitarian standpoint.

Maybe I am out of line saying the government owes me....I am just tired of some of the decisions they have been making.....but that's a thread in itself.

Why can't we have Clinton back , even Monica thought he was good .

"you should know that if you served"

it seems to me the indoctrination process of the military is very effective.

there must be real power in the psychological conditioning that teaches people to think as little as possible for themselves about "the larger picture" and just trust what was told by "superiors".

the process of sheding individuality,(hair cuts,clothes,and more)and than putting the masses together for rigorous formative experiences,bonds them to each other and they all follow orders.
    they as a group exclude any in their midst that don't follow orders,like children and grade school "clicks".

and from then on,that experience takes the place of "who they are"
    with the reinforcement of cultural norms and myths.

that "lens"obscures their picture of "the world",so the worst off tend to vote republican.

it's sad,for so many to be pawns,and like it

good post on the E85

do you have "milo",where you live?

reminds me of a story about an energy plant that was built in(i'm saying nebraska;was one of those prairie states),they were going to generate electricity using ethanol brewed from "milo".

which was a beneficil local wild grass.(looks like "queen anne's lace)

the power plant was built by buisnessmen looking ahead.to supply enough electricity for the whole central region.

after it was built before it got its final certificates to go online..

it was condemmed by the federal gov't;and used by the army for "bomber"practice.

that was during the eisenhower administration.

when i say this war is for the continued profitability of the oil industry;

i,m not saying there are no alternatives.

it is just that infrastructure already exists and investors in that infrastructure don't want to loose the cash cow of cheap oil,and we are going to war in the region to further that investment,rather than re-invest in the infrastructure for the alternative fuels,which will come online eventually.

and that is what is so crooked.

if the only choice to save our society was to conquer the oil of the planet,that would be one thing;

but since our foreign policy disaster in the middle east for the past 80 years,is for profit,not preservation....

you got to follow the money.

the oil industry is beholden only to the banking industry that supplies all the necessary capital for all this investment in infrastructure.

and you look at political forces like groups like:

the council on foreign relations

whose membership is made up of the top tiers of all these industries and the top tiers of our gov't and foreign policy apperatus.

and has for decades since it was created by the biggest bankers in the world in 1921.

it reeks of conflict of intrest.

someone of that "culture" sees the world as investments and growth potential and only sees people as cattle to be managed.and manipulated into voting(in a two party system-only)and of being the consumer that drives growth.

Originally posted by remember

and only sees people as cattle to be managed.and manipulated into voting(in a two party system-only)and of being the consumer that drives growth.

I disagree with you on this point. We have free will as a people.

Originally posted by remember

someone of that "culture" sees the world as investments and growth potential

In a true capitilistic sense this is true. I totally believe in enforcing this principle from a personal perspective!!

[Edited by rob10 on 07-11-2004 at 01:17 PM]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast