Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do you have the software to plug into the compressors. You could put it in manual mode and try to drive it.
    Buy American! The job you save may be your own.

Quote Originally Posted by hvac_superman View Post
    Do you have the software to plug into the compressors. You could put it in manual mode and try to drive it.
    Hi,
    Yes i have the monitor programme, I should have mentioned that I have tried to drive the igv in manual mode, but still no output to stepper motor.

Cheers

Phil

Make sure your com is set up for modbus or whatever com your using
    in your compressor menu.You have to unplug the com from your controller if you try to manually open the vanes from the danfoss software or it will not accept commands with the com hook up.Your controller may not be sending
    a load command to the compressor or your com protocol may have changed for some reason.What does your vane position say it is.Try to change it from what ever your starting point is (I think default is 7%)to 22% and see if it changes on start,(this will also help with check valve chatter if you havent allready tryed to set the starting speed higher.).You also have to be logged in at a higher user level,again with the com to the controller disconnected.
    After you change it plug the com back in and start it.See if the vanes position have changed to the new setting,if they do not Id say it was the BMCC.Also make sure the controller has the same com setting (like modbus).

If the temperatures in the compressor creep up too hot the compressor will no load. You can see the temps with the TC software.

If what you said is correct that a percentage is showing opening but the ball is not moving, we have had the set screw come off that connects the motor to the IGV. on 3 different occasions this has happened you will have to isolate and remove the end bell to check and then you can also power up and drive the IGV with the end bell off.

Italian brand chiller, climaveneta?

Hello again,
    I am hoping to get back to site next week with a spare bmcc to try. Thanks for all your replies.
    Allchrstech, this model chiller is just using the analogue input to control compressor demand and there does not appear to be any external influences.
    Dweber101 all cavity inverter etc. temps are ok just no driveto igv from backplane.
    Jiffypop, the backplane leds for IGV drive are not showing, however if the bmcc does not sort the problem then the IGV motor and linkeage will be the next point.
    Rover. The brand of chiller is RC.
    I will keep the post up to date with the outcome.

Phil

Update:
    Just returned from site, after a long wait for a bmcc and a serial driver I finally got to have another crack at this.
    I found that the bmcc for one compressor was faulty, replaced with new and immediately the start sequence of the leds changed then leds for igv flashed for drive to igv. However looks like the igv is stuck.
    Pretty much the same on compressor 2 although that required a serial card as well. igv is also stuck.
    Has the stuck igv faulted the bmcc and serial card?

Note: new bmcc was in calibration mode, had to change to analogue.

So looks like I am going to need 2 bmcc, 1 serial driver and two igv assemblies.

Phil

Have had issues with the IGV assemblies where the set screw has come out from the stepper motor causing it to spin in the housing and pinching the wires to the housing. Wires shorted and took out the mini inboard fuses on the backplane. Had to replace the backplane board. Have you ohmed out the stepper motor windings on the pins on top of the IGV assembly?

Quote Originally Posted by directman View Post
    Have had issues with the IGV assemblies where the set screw has come out from the stepper motor causing it to spin in the housing and pinching the wires to the housing. Wires shorted and took out the mini inboard fuses on the backplane. Had to replace the backplane board. Have you ohmed out the stepper motor windings on the pins on top of the IGV assembly?
    Thanks for the info. All resistance readings for stepper motor windings check out as per manual.
    Things are very slow regarding getting to fix this, still no approval to return to site, the weather is now cool.

Hi Directman. Is the suction cover that holds the Igv stepper motor a first or second generation suction cover?

It was a first generation IGV

It was a first generation IGV
    Thanks D man for the feed back. I had problems with 3- gen 1 suctions covers over the years,end up changing to gen-2 covers. Really like the gen-2 covers easyer to change suction temp/pressure transducer. Thank's again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast