Good Fathers day present or what?

Ok, my dad is very hard to buy for. This year my brother calls me up and said he's tired of hearing about the refrigerator that keeps frosting up and Dad has to defrost once every week or 2. Keep in mind I already offered to look at it for him but he's to proud. So, my brothers idea is for us to get our dad a new refrigerator. Well I seen a pretty good deal on one in the ads this week but it's a Frigidaire. I don't know much about Frigidaire. It's a 20.5 cu. ft. top mount with ice maker installed for $500. I don't know the model number. Maybe I can call the store up and find out.

Is it made in america and what is your guys profesional oppinion of Frigidaire? When the warrenty is up, am I going to have to become a parts changer on this thing?

fathers day

Frigidaire is a grate brand its ownd by maytag and electrolux.
    i have a few window units from them work grate

Quote Originally Posted by sapper View Post
    Ok, my dad is very hard to buy for. This year my brother calls me up and said he's tired of hearing about the refrigerator that keeps frosting up and Dad has to defrost once every week or 2. Keep in mind I already offered to look at it for him but he's to proud. So, my brothers idea is for us to get our dad a new refrigerator. Well I seen a pretty good deal on one in the ads this week but it's a Frigidaire. I don't know much about Frigidaire. It's a 20.5 cu. ft. top mount with ice maker installed for $500. I don't know the model number. Maybe I can call the store up and find out.

Is it made in america and what is your guys profesional oppinion of Frigidaire? When the warrenty is up, am I going to have to become a parts changer on this thing?

Quote Originally Posted by sapper View Post

Is it made in america and what is your guys profesional oppinion of Frigidaire?

No, nothing is any more. The nameplate doesn't always indicate who makes your refrigerator, oven, or washer. My GE is a LG I believe.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Had a basic Frigidaire, no ice maker for 6 years now and no problems.

Don't think though that it will last like the one my parents had (40 years) with only a few relay changes from when GM owned Frigidaire.

Got a basic top freezer Frigidaire, no ice maker. It is a 20.5 Cu. Ft.

I was trying to buy american but within a budget. Unfortunately it is made in Mexico. It's pretty hard to find American these days. If you want to buy American you pretty much have to make it yourself. Got a pretty good deal at Best Buy, $575 including delivery and haul away.

He was happy with it. He has 2 refrigerators. I tried to get him to get rid of the oldest one that doesn't have defrost and let me fix the defrost in the one in his kitchen. But, he wanted to keep the older one. Probably some sentimental value he has with it, kind of like his 50 - 60 year old furnace. Its been around since I was little.

if you buy a frigidaire..buy the extended warranty...had the compressor in mine fail after 16 mo...it went to the scrap yard...
    google frigidaire sucks and you will find alot...
    they arent near the quality they used to be

Quote Originally Posted by pauls heating & View Post
    if you buy a frigidaire..buy the extended warranty...had the compressor in mine fail after 16 mo...it went to the scrap yard...
    google frigidaire sucks and you will find alot...
    they arent near the quality they used to be
    I dont know the brand frigidaire, is it popular? ok proven and tested i love LG.

I have a Newer Frigidaire (six yrs) and it's just fine.
    But with most these newer they have a fan that blows across the condenser so it gets dirty faster than the old style.
    Dirty Condenser + POE = Scrap Yard Fridges
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

This may be a little late............

I can't answer your question but.... that's SO NICE of you and your brother.
    I'm sure your Dad will enjoy whatever you get him.

Get him one with an ice maker and water dispenser.
    He'll get used to having those two features and soon wonder how in the world he got by without them.
    The reward for doing a thing well... is to have done it.