+ Reply to Thread

Thread: felony conviction.

Post Likes

Hmm

will this hamper me from getting a job in the industry?

Post Likes
    As a business owner, I would want to know what you were convicted of. I would also check previous employment and charactor references as well as driveing record. If you have proven skills in the field and you are honest, I would hire you as long as your not a menace to society. Here in michigan I dont think you can get a mech. license if you have a felony. Im not sure though and am unaware of all the facts. Good luck to you.

Post Likes
    Depends on what you did. Embezzelment from last employer, maimed last boss with an axe, crime of passion, white collar crime, etc. If its a one time type of screwup then I dont see it as a problem, but thats me personaly. Ive seen plenty of people screwup once and never do it again.

Post Likes
    One of the best techs that we have and one of the select few that I completely trust, has a felony record. He made a mistake in life, paid his dues to his wife and society and kept moving forward and away from trouble. Everyone screws up sometime, you learn and don't repeat.
    Don't let your ego get in the way of a good decision

Post Likes

thanks

yeah fellas i had a tampering with a goverment document, that is i had an id that was not mine and so i was arrested for that, at the time i had no idea what kind of mistake i was making, but now i know. one mistake for a long time of hardship, sometimes i wish it just didn't happen.

Post Likes

Thumbs up

Be honest and up front with your prspective employers, don't let them be the one to find it and bring it up. Honesty goes a long way in any business.
    Don't let your ego get in the way of a good decision

Post Likes

Wink

i sure will do what you said. there is no use being dishonest. everytime a background check is done its there.
    no running or hidden from this mistake. it will be ok. i have just been down because of the lack of trust given because of that, i feel like a crook or something.
    \life goes on thou, right.

Post Likes
    That's absolutley right!!! Life does move forward for those who are willing to live it.

Post Likes
    If it's not drugs or a sex offence, we would hire you. We would probably even overlook a manslaughter conviction.

Post Likes
    I am looking for a commercial controls and automation installer entry level position. If interested you can contact me by the email in my profile.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by rob10
    If it's not drugs or a sex offence, we would hire you. We would probably even overlook a manslaughter conviction.
    WOW........would you hire Rush?????
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Post Likes
    I just renewed my TX State License. The only required question to answer;have you been convicted of a felony? In other words, if you have a felony no renwal, the required insurance to hold a license will be revolked. Also if you try to apply for a HVAC job with a felony history the empoyers insurance will persuade them not to hire. I do not have a felony but I think this is discrimination. If a person paid his dues he should not be banned for life. Due to these policies our prisons will always be overcrowded. It is not right. Good Luck

Post Likes

Felony

I am a felon, because I did something absolutely stupid when I was eighteen (credit card fraud). I didn't even become convicted until three years later (about 1.5 years ago), and I got a lenient probation, which I got released early, because they could clearly see that it was a one-time thing and that I was totally changed. That was before I was a Christian, too. I couldn't imagine doing something so horrible now.

I've been completely honest and upfront to everyone I've worked for, plus two other companies that wanted to hire me, and no one (six companies)had a problem with it, especially the ones who I went to work for, because they could see that I was a really good guy with excellent morals, that I'm a hard worker, and would not think about doing something stupid like that again. I have always explained it BEFORE someone hired me. I haven't had a problem yet. I think it really depends on what kind of person you are NOW.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in