hussmann walkin cooler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    yesterday i got a call from citgo saying walkin was down, got on the roof and found massive leak on inlet side of acculmualtor not just tubbing but some kind of check valve or something thats why i asking for help the thing had a split bout half way around. i cleaned it up tinned it good with silver solder then slid tubing over the top and silver soldered it well. what cause the split was massive viberation so much so the a clamp hole had came though the screw,i repaired that also i didnt have a new suciont line dryer and on sunday no where to get one. i pulled a good vacuum and started charging unit ok. got about 15lbs of r22 in unit high side at 390 low side at 70-75 wondering if oil flooded something the dryer is suppost to have a bypass if to clogged so souldnt be that i think it is the thing that had the crck in it because of the heat from repairing it i need to know what it is ? a flow valve? chack valve? i just dont know please help cooler only gets 48 degrees and unit running real hard oh and the unit is to hold 26lbs but not able to add more or will cut out on high pressure control
    thanks Phil

Are you sure it's supposed to have 22 in it?

I know it's a dumb question , but those pressures are cooky.

That "check valve" might be a C.R.O.???? I don't know what you are seeing.

Maybe you should have "502" type refrigerant in there.(404 , 502 , 408 , or something else )

Maybe it's one of those pesky Hussmann "Heat Eradicators" from back in the 70s........

Seriously though phil, we need some model numbers, pics (hopefully) or something more to allow us to help you with this one.

We're ready when you are.

hussmann

ok guys model # GHOMO3O6VD serial # 96DO2485-560 one compressor two fan coils three fans per coil cooler is
    8' x 24' and about 10 glass doors oh there is one accumulator in the unit and one outside the unit just befor the lines go through the roof
    thanks for the responses it is a r22 unit also

[img]http://ww2.imagewiz.net/images/hvac/96836_P1010085.JPG[img]

thanks phil

[Edited by philgritsr on 07-05-2004 at 05:47 PM]

Re: hussmann

Originally posted by philgritsr
    ok guys model # GHOMO3O6VD serial # 96DO2485-560 one compressor two fan coils three fans per coil cooler is
    8' x 24' and about 10 glass doors oh there is one accumulator in the unit and one outside the unit just befor the lines go through the roof
    thanks for the responses it is a r22 unit also

thanks phil

[Edited by philgritsr on 07-05-2004 at 05:46 PM]

Wink

I dont think you have two acumator on your unit. the other one is called receiver. the check valve your talking about is the bypass for low ambient control. if you say your unit takes 26lbs of 22 you just put in 15lbs and your head pressure that high. then that ambient control is by passing. its bad now you need to determine if its a head master (looks like a big expansion valve) or ORD-OIR I think you have this one look like check valve. there is two parts of this control one may look like an L shape. make sure you put the right one back because those parts works together. the bad news is you got to recover everthing and start over. dont forget the drier this time.

I've seen a ton of these.

That extra valve up there near the condensor is a headmaster. It's possibly bad and that's why she's not drinking all that gas your trying to injest in here.

They are rock solid systems. Three coils with ton vales on each.

You might want to change the oil in the compressor while your up there. No one ever does.

Originally posted by R12rules

That extra valve up there near the condensor is a headmaster. It's possibly bad and that's why she's not drinking all that gas your trying to injest in here.

You might want to change the oil in the compressor while your up there. No one ever does.

What, on God's green earth, is a "Ton Vale"???????

Oh, yeah, Phil?

Do you have any friends that are commercial refirgeration techs that might be able to take a look at that with you?

Those pressures are really way out of this world.

Originally posted by condenseddave

They are rock solid systems. Three coils with uno valvoes para sinck.

What, on God's green earth, is a "Uno Valvoe"???????
    Ya got me Dave.....

thanks guys for the help i ordered the ord valve and filter dryer, To get them cooling temporarely. I backed out the (L shaped) oir valve 3 turns and the head pressure came down a bit and suction raised a little, it will cool for a day till parts come in. up here in northern wisconsin every thing gets ordered out no supply houses within 60 miles. I try to stock the most common things but on stuff like this that is new to me no such luck. The things I do stock is many kinds of freon, have seen to many guys that squirt whatever they have on had and f@#@ up what they work on so what the lable says is what i put in it well except r12 and r502 you know what I mean retro on that stuff when needed 404a and mp39 and such try to go by manufacture specs.
    getting kind of long winded here so I'll finish with the most important thought I have ! this is a great sight and I thank all who helped i will tell what the finish call turns out after parts go in.
    thanks Phil

p.s. planned on changing the oil with system wide open when i found it im sure it sucked up lots of moisture.

Originally posted by condenseddave

They are rock solid systems. Three coils with uno valvoes para sinck.

What, on God's green earth, is a "Uno Valvoe"???????
    Ya got me Dave.....
    The mothership called, and they want diceman back.

R12, apparently there's at least one thing about Hussmann you like.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast