Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    You can't trust people who use those types of words.(pinko, commie,etc.) People of one particular idealogy throw those words around to get a reaction when they have no facts to back them up. It is like saying all republicans are millionares.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

So what I amhearing here is that he did a lot of good, for some people whom he did not know. And he lived a life not too much different from some of us right here on this forum.

Is that correct?

And Jesse jackson .... I dont even have a thing to discuss about him.
    Thre's only one word to fit jackson; lost.

And Jesse jackson .... I dont even have a thing to discuss about him.
    Thre's only one word to fit jackson; lost.

According to his (MLK) life, he was lost as well.

Here is proof of the Jackson-King link

Question I noticed

R-12 has not commented on the MLK-Jesse Jackson link. What happened? Has one of your heroes been deflated??

I'd also have to go with yes, yes, and maybe. I also agree with R12 that there's absolutely no comparison between MLK & Jesse Jackson.

It's also true about the affairs King had. J. Edgar Hoover kept a file on him and had him surveiled and photographed in his liasons with women. Blackmail was a favorite tactic of Hoover's. In the case of MLK, Hoover was also preparing bedtime stories for LBJ to read.

I think Martin Luther King would be the first to say he was not perfect. Had he lived he may have been outed as a womanizer and publicly denounced.....but he did not live, so he has been martered.

In this respect I think this is a good thing because so much of what Martin Luther King taught was just basic good for society as a whole. We must not tear down the good of social leaders because of personal indescretions.

On the same note Jesse Jackson used to do some really good teaching before he became blacker than normal and lost sight of all humanity equally.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

its the idea that is immortalized not the man, the man was a catalyst in the big mix of things. HE did die, and we are still alive. He probably knew he had a high chance of being shot and took the bullet anyway, whatever he was he had courage. I wonder what we would have done?
    there but for the grace of god, go all of us

I think most of us would have compromised as he did.

While other people were preaching hate. Dr. King was preaching love. I respect him for that. He was human. I can relate to that and aspire to become half the man he was.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

Post KING in His own Write

Here's one of many links where one can read with Adobe, etc. at leisure the man's own words and judge:
    '
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/mlk/king/speeches.html
    '
    OR CHECK OUT
    His alleged (and documented)communist ties:
    '
    http://www.jbs.org/visitor/focus/ref...nt_glorify.htm

Originally posted by bigbird
    Ha, snipe i got a friend that owns a ranch for years on river road ,outside of salinas. His name is stanly corda, maybe you heard of him.I use ta drive 18 wheeler with a freightliner cab over tractor & use to drive through the tule fog over paecho pass into los banos, that was fun.
    Bigbird,
    Name does not ring a bell. But that does not mean anything, my bell does not ring verywell and went to HS in Watsonville.
    Len
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

I am not a racsist, and Classical if you can get off your rocker and smell the coffee we could have maybe a intelligent conversation....Been to busy to respond to this link, Lighten up and take what you hear and what you see for what it is worth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast