Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I was born on the Ranch in Montery county between Watsonville and Salinas. Spent many a summer day at the beaches. 31 years ago left the country and the FOG and moved to San Jose.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

Fog is bad up there?

Hmmm.. doesnt sound real good to me.

I dont much care for fog.

R12 from what I have read and lived through MLK was for real was he a Saint defentley not. Was he honest I guess that depends on what you consider honest.
    You and I are the same age but I grew up in Fort Worth spent two years 63 to 65 in Oklahoma and moved to Houston in summer of 65.
    I never saw racism up close I first realized that blacks were trreated differently when on vacation in Colorado in Aug. 1966 we saw a sign that said blacks and Indians had to be off the street or out of town (can't remember exact wording) and black Indian fountains and bathrooms.
    My father moved from or home to another school so we would not have to go to school with blacks in 1969.

From what I have read about MLK he was real and true in his passion for black equality and a joining and understanding between the races. In that sense he was true and honest; I don't know that he would have ever run for office he was more powerful in the role he chose.

However his personal life was like that of many powerful men and specifically like Kennedy and Clinton in that he was a womanizer and adulterer. In that I cannot respect him and it greatly diminishes his stature to me. What is far worse he was a minister of GOD and he broke all of his vows to his wife GOD and his people when he committed adultery. So in that respect no he was not honest and could never be a saint.

Bah!!! Politiician's are a group, they need support from others. Let's see,,,,,,,, Don King, Rodney King, MLK, etc.... somewhere there's a link.... Just stating the facts....

Oly that post makes no sense except to possibly label you as a racist.
    The only connection is that all three are black.

Originally posted by oly
    Bah!!! Politiician's are a group, they need support from others. Let's see,,,,,,,, Don King, Rodney King, MLK, etc.... somewhere there's a link.... Just stating the facts....
    What? They all have the same momma?

Ha, snipe i got a friend that owns a ranch for years on river road ,outside of salinas. His name is stanly corda, maybe you heard of him.I use ta drive 18 wheeler with a freightliner cab over tractor & use to drive through the tule fog over paecho pass into los banos, that was fun.

Classical, where can I get the info you read from on King?
    How did you know he was a womanizer?

Originally posted by R12rules
    Classical, where can I get the info you read from on King?
    How did you know he was a womanizer?
    I think he even had a kid with someone other than his wife!

Go to your local library and find a biography one him.

R12 I haven't read anything on him in years so I could not give you a book name. I just remember from past reading that it was widely acknowledged as I remember even his wife admitted it. I seem to remember her talking about it during an interview. You can do a search of declassified FBI files and their is reference to the women in his life. It was said that he had one or maybe more women in his room the night he was killed.

I don't ever remember reading about his having a child by another woman but Jesse Jackson has and paid for her out of his non-profit Rainbow funds. Have you read the book on Jesse he is just a well-dressed well-spoken gang banger. We have one in Houston calls himself Quannel X former crack dealer found a better way to make money.

There are very few saints out there. Most of them just have you fooled into thinking they are saints.
    We have all sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

MLK was a sinner, but he gave his life to help people he never knew. That took alot of courage. I was a young boy living near Memphis when he was shot. The comments I heard shocked my to the bone.

I bet he is rolling in his grave right now just looking at what some people have done with the freedom MLK earned for them.
    If the superheat ain't right it ain't charged right.

I heard many times, pink communism term used for MLK.
    So what are they talking about? Is it true? I think I was borned after he was killed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast