Thread: Taylor 336

Hybrid View

Taylor 336

I purchased a used Taylor 336-27. I hooked it up but didn't put the orifice into the top of the air tubes. (I used to have a counter top Taylor and it didn't come with an orifice) The machine seemed to run fine for a day but now when the compressor comes on it makes a god awful sound.

I have turned it off, cleaned it out and am about to restart it to see if the sound is still present. Did I do any damage by running it without the orficice? Is the orifice always supposed to be in when the machine is in operation? If so, how does air get mixed in with the liquid?

The orifice is designed ti mix the right amt of air into your ice cream. As far as your comp making loud noises thats nothing to do with your orifice.
    Knowledge comes with experience

scraper blades

I called a rapair guy and he said the blades need replaceing. I have $400 in parts coming. Hope that solves it. Another issue I have is the vanilla cream turns bad after 3 days. It doesn't taste bad, just has little beads in it as though it is starting to curdle. Chocolate is fine. I check the temperate regularly and it comes in at 34.5 degrees so I know it's not a temp problem. I'm thinking I am buying poor quality mix so will try a different brand once the machine is back up and running. What do you think?

Do you use powder mix? If so its probably water crystals, if not check to make sure your getting all the water out before priming.

I use a liquid ice cream mix, not powder. Machine is bone dry so water is not the issue. This may sound like a stupid question but what do you mean exactly, by priming? I have just been pouring in the mix and assuming that the cylinder will fill with an appropriate amount of mix with the pin in the down postion. I am so new to this and it shows. Problem is I bought a used machine from a guy that didn't know anything about it's operation. I appreciate your help and am glad I found this website.

Priming is the process of putting the mix in. Take the tubes out of hopper, pour mix in, lift prime plug until mix spews out, put tubes back in hopper, and than put into auto.

Thanks. So you haven't seen the little beads of ice cream unless it's powder mix? I will try out a new supply of liquid mix once I get the machine back up and I will post the outcome. Thanks again.

The little beads I'd bet a dollar are butter forming in the ice cream mix.
    listen for the machine to cycle off. Chances are the compressor shuts off but the beater motors do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Baja ss View Post
    The little beads I'd bet a dollar are butter forming in the ice cream mix.
    listen for the machine to cycle off. Chances are the compressor shuts off but the beater motors do not.
    Do you have a manual for this machine ? The beater motors do not cycle with the compressors. That is not how this machine works. Your mix should not be separating as you described. Have you called your local Taylor support? Doesn't matter if you bought it used they will still help you.

If the beater motors continue to run you can change that on the logic board

I have just purchased new scraper blades as the old ones were worn. I put in my mix and after 4 days, the vanilla is separating again. Once again, the chocolate is fine.

I will call Taylor tech support tomorrow and see if there is any guidance they can give me as well.