+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips on Getting More Done In Your Workday....

Post Likes
    Originally posted by R12rules
    Pull vacuums at night? While your asleep?

Surely your joking.........right?
    No, I do this also, whenever possible.

Copper tubing and a couple of pumps left on 8-10 hours will dehydrate a system, and not drive me insane looking at the micron gauge until the morning.

Of course, you can't really do this on commercial service calls, but new startups it's the best way.

Post Likes
    When I put in my system for my house about a year ago, I put two pumps on the system overnight...The color of that site glass indicator was a darker purple than the darkest on the paper scale...
    Hey mosquito, quit biting (slap!!) me... ©
    Anyone like Josey Wales?
    C'mon, you know I'm right!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by condenseddave
    Originally posted by R12rules
    Pull vacuums at night? While your asleep?

Surely your joking.........right?
    No, I do this also, whenever possible.

Copper tubing and a couple of pumps left on 8-10 hours will dehydrate a system, and not drive me insane looking at the micron gauge until the morning.

Of course, you can't really do this on commercial service calls, but new startups it's the best way.
    Now your talking about systems with enough copper to run from Boston to New York, right?
    You not speaking of doing this on systems like the majority here service.

Your doing this on systems with hundreds of horse power and low temp. Not on systems with fifteen horse power, or less and high temp.

Makes sense.

Post Likes

No, every job.

I pull a vacuum on the lineset and coil at night, then install them in the morning. 1 step already done.

I even keep all my themostats pre-wired to a 100' roll. I just run in the house, drill a hole in the floor behind the TV, poke the other end of the wire through, duktape that bastard to the wall and head downstairs, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Furnaces all have a 25' cord with a plug in already installed, a 5' SS gas flex, already installed, some of that good quality flexi aluminum dryervent on the chimney, already installed (the plastic and spring kind dont last too long.....), and a 16x25 filter already taped where the bottom door was. I just pull the old furnace and return and toss um! Stick this sucker in, plug in the power, gas thermostat, chimney, and build a new supply plenum with the box from the new furnace, making sure to put the Brand in front. Can do one in about 2 days if im sober!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes

Re: No, every job.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spotts
    I even keep all my themostats pre-wired to a 100' roll. I just run in the house, drill a hole in the floor behind the TV, poke the other end of the wire through, duktape that bastard to the wall and head downstairs, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Spotts- I certainly hope you are kidding about leaving the thermostat wire exposed like that! Remember, we are known by our work.

Try this tip for a professional look... gob a ball of 99 cent caulk near an inside corner. Then run a thick line of caulk down the corner to the floor where you drilled your 1/2" hole.

Push the stat into the caulk real good, mushing it around, so it sticks. Then all thats left is to run the wire down the corner into the floor hole, pushing the wire into the caulk as you go. If you have the time, a second bead of caulk over the top makes it look just like wiremold!

I do like mounting the stat behind the TV! It helps take some of the load off the heat anticipator. They last longer that way.

Experience is what you have an hour after you need it.

Post Likes

Re: Re: No, every job.

Originally posted by baub

I do like mounting the stat behind the TV! It helps take some of the load off the heat anticipator. They last longer that way.

[/B]
    Great Idea with the caulking. The reason I put thermostats behind the TV or Computer is so my wires are camoflaged by all the other ugly wires there already! Or you can just put it behind the fridge.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in