+ Reply to Thread

Thread: People are stupid!

Post Likes
    As I have mentioned before I am heading up maintenance at this apartment community now. The previous maintenance staff have never taken care of the a/c's here. The units are all 7 year old 2 ton Goopmans with the air handler in the wall.

I started deep cleaning all of them and trying to get them back into somewhat decent shape and am about 90% done. IU had taken care of this one unit in particular in mid-May and the unit was great (for a goodman), advised resident to go to office minimum of once month to pick up new filter. Got a call today 5 minutes before time for me to go home. A/C not cooling, got over there and the filter was pulled out, 1" of dirt on filter, 1/2" dirt on coil and no air movement. He said he replaced the filter (after my lecture) 2 weeks ago, yea right. Told him sorry, can't do anything for you right now, you'll have to deal with it until monday when I come back. He started giving me grief and I just had to tell him he should of thought about it before 5pm Friday and a holiday weekend, should have took the time to go get a filter (they're free) when it got dirty or atleast when he took it out for that two week period.

Another one this morning calls and complains a/c is freezing up. Go see and find filter is COMPLETELY clogged. He said I went and bought this 3 month filter and it has only been two months, it should still be good.

Another one the other day, a/c not cooling well. Filter dirty on one side so resident takes filter out and turns it around. Why not, it's clean on that side!

Post Likes
    I've seen the 3 month filters load up in 5 days in a really dirty environment. Every time I see a dirty one, I tell the customer to forget about the manufacturers claims. There's no way in the world they can predict how long the filter will take to become plugged up.

The Tru Blue pleated is the worst excuse for a filter I've ever seen. Almost no reinforcement. They often turn into a sail and are hell to get out of a filter slot when they curl up.

Post Likes
    You're workin' on Monday.....not me man

Putting my company truck in a parade and doing a couple of estimates but I ain't touching a wrench.
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes
    Unfortuneately or fortuneatly I am working all weekend. Gave the others the time off so I had to stay. That's all right, by this time next week I'll be on my way to North Carolina to do some camping.

Post Likes
    "People are stupid" hey that's what Mike Moore just said too
    I saw a funny bumpersticker and have seen similar ones in the past.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Diceman
    "People are stupid" hey that's what Mike Moore just said too
    I saw a funny bumpersticker and have seen similar ones in the past.
    "The more people I meet, the more I like my dog."
    Or in your case "goat"

Post Likes
    Saw a bumper sticker that read: "I see dumb people."

Post Likes
    "I have met man and prefer dogs"

-Adolph Hitler

Post Likes

Or

"Jesus Loves You ! Everyone Else Hates You !"
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Post Likes

workhorse

Feel for you, man. When I was in the apartment biz I also found nasty coils and filters and dumb tenants. Amazing some of these people know how to get out of bed in the morning.
    Be thankful your air handlers are in the wall and not the First Co. coils crammed up into a furdown over the bathtub. To clean one of those babies, you gotta drop the blower assembly. Makes a nasty mess all over the bathroom if you don't vac off all the loose debris first.

Post Likes
    hmmmm First Company your bringing back painful memories...they were so fun to work on. Goodman was making some of those pancakes for awhile too. I had a service contract with a day cruise/booze cruise ships thats all they had on their boats worked on a few them while they went out not funtrying to braze them in while swaying back and forth.
    thehumid1-------I live in NJ, a state where it's free to come in but you have to pay to leave!

Post Likes

Re: Or

Originally posted by bb

Thats frickin funny!
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

Post Likes
    Had a tech once that was working for a large shop near Purdue University. An apartment complex there had those AC units where the condenser is in the attic and exhausts out the roof. He suddenly was called for multiple no cools at the place. Seems the team of the maintainence man and insulators blew 2 feet of insulation over and around the condensers.
    Can you imagine the sick look on his face asking those stupid people what in the hell we're they thinking?

"The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Post Likes

Re: Or

Originally posted by bb
    That's the nice version. The one I saw said:

"Every else thinks you're an as*hole."

Post Likes
    Originally posted by frank shelley
    Had a tech once that was working for a large shop near Purdue University. An apartment complex there had those AC units where the condenser is in the attic and exhausts out the roof. He suddenly was called for multiple no cools at the place. Seems the team of the maintainence man and insulators blew 2 feet of insulation over and around the condensers.
    Can you imagine the sick look on his face asking those stupid people what in the hell we're they thinking?
    Once had a foot of insulation blown in my attic. They ran a big piece of flex up through the attic access hole in the bathroom. It was taking him a very long time, and he was complaining about how much insulation it was taking. I opened the door to the other closet, and was buried alive in insulation.

The dummy had opened that hatch and forgotten to close it

Post Likes
    this is making me itch
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Post Likes

Re: Re: Or

Originally posted by midhvac
    Originally posted by bb
    That's the nice version. The one I saw said:

"Every else thinks you're an as*hole."

I have a buddy whose signature line is ....
    "Jesus loves you! I still think you suck!"
    Warning: Just because I am over the head injury doesn't mean I'm normal!

The day I stop learning.... I'm dead!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in