Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    We get black widow spiders hanging out in our air cooled units and have found a few chopped up birds but I bet some of you guys have found way worse.

Dead lizards (weird for out here in Colorado), dead pigeons, misc. skeletons, 10+" pigeon poop.

I had to re-wire and re-insulate a boiler once where I found half a dozen dead rats in it. I mean big rats too, like 10" long!

Senior Tech Guest
    Customer called, heard a horendous noise coming from the furnace, smelled burning odor and then no heat...she says "my husband changed the filter two days ago and everything was fine". Everything except Fluffy the kitty, she moved into her new "condo" two days ago when hubby changed the filter, opened the door on the furnace and then had to give customer the bad news, they needed a blower motor and a pet casket for Fluffy...really sucked having to get Fluffy out...

It really smells good when a mouse is cooked on a heat exchanger ...The weirdest though was when a pigeon roosting on the boiler stack on the roof, passed out from the monoxide,fell 3 stories to the basement breaching. I was working in the boiler room, heard this thunk and floppimg around noises in the breaching. I used a broom handle to get it out before it stunk up the bank. Thought it was dead but when I took it outside, it woke up and flew away.
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

evap coil totally caked with slimy kitchen hood cooking grease including a few inches of sludge at the drain tray.
    (return air grill was 1' from hood...no filter ever used).

9 blackbirds caught in the fan wheel of an induced draft fan.

A/C .. Pieces of someone who decided to try and commit suicide,4 floors onto a 6 month old trane rooftop, its not impossible to stop a trane. One place has 4 carrier air cooled condensor coils that pigeons love one unit was missing a fan guard there must have been a couple dozen chopped up flying rats inside. but none of those come even close to an animal shelter that calls about a walk in cooler down on a monday during the summer or someplace like a school that has no alarms and something happens to a walk in freezer in the summer.

I pulled the cover off a condensing unit once and was greated by a snake. Had a late service call one night because of a noisey furnace, found a freshly killed headless blackbird in the blower.

Decomposed dead guy on a roof by a Voyager RTU. Never was missed. Police think he was a homeless dude.

I think Rob gets the prize.... LOL My 2 worst things were both racoons. One tried the 'exercise' wheel in a cooling tower, until the blower turned on. What a mess!!!!

Opened an air handler and found the coil plugged with duct insulation. Looked down in the return duct and found a nest with 6 baby racoons at the bottom of the drop. Thank goodness mamma was not hear by.

Silky terrier dead in a blower wheel, customer went to the store to get a new filter and left the RA Grill open, they had just figured out the dog was missing because it wasn't barking when I ringed the doorbell. Not fun removing the family pet with three kid crying their heads off and the mother in hysterics like it was one of the kids that was missing.

Big duck in a condenser, wrapped up around the fan, have no idea how it got in there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast