+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got a @$#$^#^$%& Ticket

Post Likes
    I'm driving down the freeway minding my own business when this state cop pulls up beside me, looks at me and then slows down to get behind me so he can pull me over.

He walks up to my window and I ask "why did you pull me over"

Seatbelt, hes says.

"You pulled me over for a F@#$ing seatbelt?"

Yeah, why aren't you wearing it?

Because I don't want to, I said with attitude. That's pathetic of you to be doing this Sh@t what are they paying you m@#$er F@#$ers commission now?

Sir, I would suggest you tone it down.

Go write the F@#$ing ticket and go get hit by a car doing it!!

So he takes about 15 minutes to "do his thing" then comes back , hands me my id and stuff back, then holds the ticket and starts talking-I aint listening. I grab the ticket crumble it up and throw it on the passenger side floor. Tell him to have a shitty life and leave.

So he passes me and pulls upside the truck I am following, cuts in front of him, pulls off the road to let the truck pass, gets behind him and pulls him over.

What kind of F@#$ing Bull$hit is that??????

Senior Tech Guest
    It's called enforcing the law...like'm or not...

Post Likes
    NOT

It's pretty bad when some bitch can go get as many abortions as she wants and I can't have the choice of not wearing a f@#$ing seatbelt.

That's F@#$ed up and petty.

Senior Tech Guest
    Normally I respect your posts...I can't say that this is one of'm...to compare abortion with a seat belt law is from one end of the spectrum to the other...I can understand you not believing the law is neccesary and in fact one could come up with several reasons why seat belts could actually be dangerous, on the other hand one could also come up with many reasons why they save lives...you are obviously "frustrated" at having been on the recieving end...yes probably plenty he could've been doing rather than looking for seat belt violations...but murphy catches up with all of on occasion...today was just your day...

Post Likes
    I'm Venting.

I think its petty to be pulling people over to give seat belt tickets.

and the abortion thing was brought up for the choice issue.

Senior Tech Guest
    Vent...that's what were here for...and if I told I used to be a ...involved in another profession...your response would be?

Post Likes
    does it involve a couch, and you saying "...and how does that make you feel..."??

Post Likes
    Originally posted by infwsdm
    NOT

It's pretty bad when some bitch can go get as many abortions as she wants and I can't have the choice of not wearing a f@#$ing seatbelt.

That's F@#$ed up and petty.
    Dude, I used to feel the way you did, (in my younger years )
    Two years ago, My son and I were driving along minding our own business when two girls pulled out right in front of us.
    (we were in a big cadillac). Thank God NC has mandatory seat belt laws. We hit them @ 40 MPH. Luckily I was able to swerve to the right and hit them In the bed of the truck they were driving. I took the brunt of the impact. Point is, We were wearing seatbelts. If not, my self and my son(who is my life) would most likely been severely injured. We both walked away. I'm not telling you what to do, but it only takes a few seconds to click your seatbelt. SEATBELTS SAVE LIVES.
    Just a friendly suggestion as a fellow tradesman and as a dad.
    Take care, PABULL

Post Likes
    I lost two people in my high school class because of not wearing seatbelts. In a class of 115, it hit home.
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Post Likes
    I've posted them before and here they are again.......

this is our installers old truck. He walked away thanks to his seat belt that kept his head to the back of the cab.

he did suffer a minor hand injury, note the steering wheel saran wraped with the windsheild.

It was clear from marks on the raod, ditch and the truck that he went end over end once before barrel rolling a few times. Yet he walked away.......ALWAYS WEAR YOUR SEATBELT!

[Edited by i_got_ideas on 07-01-2004 at 02:47 AM]
    There are 3 ways to do anything in life; Good, Fast, Slow: You can pick any 2.

Post Likes

Tickets are written to generate revenue...period!

I always wear mine but this is America and if your not hurting anyone else, you ought to be able to do what you want.

And in NJ, they did the same thing. Seatbelt law was a secondary offence...only ticketed if pulled over for something else. It somehow became a primary offence. The government spends too much time protecting me from myself.

Starting today in NJ, talking on a cell phone is a secondary offence. Putting ketchup on my fries while balancing my diet coke is still legal.

And why do cops write tickets? To generate revenue. When they increased the speed limit to 65 here, they doubled the fines for speeding as part of the "trade off". Speeding tickets more than doubled the next month. When they went from annual to biannual car inspections, the fines doubled for not having an inspection ticket. The tickets written for that more than quadrupled for several months.
    Ryan
    Maintenance Guy
    -----------------
    naysayer, skeptic, conspiracy theorist

Post Likes
    You can ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but you gotta wear a seat belt in a car.

Post Likes

Seatbelt

Saved my life 25yrs. ago. Car traveled 360 feet after leaving the road. They weren't required then. Motorcycle helmets have always been required here.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

Post Likes
    I feel an adult should be able to make the choice to wear one or not but it really pisses me off to see a car with kids climbing all over in the back yet the adults are sometimes buckeled in the front. I even see babies laying on the seat sucking a bottle. Some say "well I'm just going up the street" When my son was about 5 years old we were driving back to the house in my big 4X4 from Pizza Hut. Literally just down to the end of a residential street. I told my son not to worry about the seat belt we were only 1/4 mile from the house. This kid blows a stop sign causing me to slam on the brakes sending my son slamming into the dash busting his lip and nose.

Post Likes
    My problem is that I get closiphobic(sp) with a seat belt tight across my shoulder. So I went to Home Depot and bought a little spring clamp that hold the seat belt loose across my shoulder. I know I am going to die but I am with-in the law. Plus it stops that fricking bell from dinging in my Ford truck.

The War Department and I were caught in a road block over in NYS. The guy was being a nice guy and only gave her a ticket since she was driving. $75. could have been $150.

Here in VT it is also a secondary offense. They have to stop you for something else. Well it is also against the law in VT to have anything hanging from your rear view mirra. My service manager got stopped because he had a SpongeBob air freshner that his kid gave him on the mirra. $75 for the air freshner and $75 for the seat belt.

They also stopped a little old lady because she had a rosary beads hanging on the mirra and ticketed her. That one made the newspaper.

The thing is that they get grants of money from the Feds to enforce the seat belt law. I suppose they have to show so many tickets in order to justify the grant money.

[Edited by benncool on 07-01-2004 at 08:14 AM]

Post Likes

Talking

Ya I was railroaded too last summer. County Officer pulled me over and as I contended with him I was not going 82 I was going 79. Wasn't his fault, and it wasn't my fault, it was my wifes fault. If only she would have said "Isn't that a cop" just a bit sooner there would have been no $90 ticket!
    "The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"

Post Likes
    Originally posted by pjs
    You can ride a motorcycle without a helmet, but you gotta wear a seat belt in a car.
    What state are you living in???
    "We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
    -Aristotle

Post Likes

Re: Tickets are written to generate revenue...period!

Originally posted by maintenanceguy
    I always wear mine but this is America and if your not hurting anyone else, you ought to be able to do what you want.

Them days are long gone.
    I agree getting pulled over for that sucks, but......if ya don't wear your seatbelt you're nuts.
    As far as motorcycles, well, riding one of them around is also crazy, helmet or no
    Sounds like you have a real problem with authority huh?
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by benncool
    My problem is that I get closiphobic(sp) with a seat belt tight across my shoulder.
    That's the reason I don't wear a seatbelt. It is distracting having that shoulder strap cutting into your neck. I'll have to go to the depot and get one of those spring doo hickeys.

Post Likes
    I used to not wear mine at all. Now I'm *learning* to wear it but still forget sometimes.

Haven't had a ticket in 35 years, so I'm not so worried about getting busted for the seat belt when they stop me for another violation. I know they save lives, and I know I could get fined, so I'm trying to get in the habit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in