+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got a @$#$^#^$%& Ticket

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ozone drone
    I'm tired of the government playing the role of "Father Knows Best".
    Well then ya gotta love The Patriot Act...huh?
    Hey, lmtd what if the guy goes through his windshield and lands on my car?????????And then I gotta go to Maaco and get it all painted again??????? That ain't right
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Originally posted by ozone drone
    I'm tired of the government playing the role of "Father Knows Best". Treating us as stupid children who must be protected from ourselves. Is it stupid not to wear a seatbelt? ...sure , But as adults we should have a choice.
    Absolutely make sure the kids are buckled in and quadruple the fine if they aren't.

99% of politicians are lawyers who get elected to make more laws....every year...city councils, county commissions, state assemblies and both houses of the federal government meet and their sole purpose in life is to write MORE laws. By the time my granchildren are my age there won't be any choices left in life ..they'll receive a rulebook stating everything they have to comply with.
    here!!!!!!!!
    here!!!!!!!!!!,
    now that's what I'm talk'en bout

Post Likes
    [i] ..they'll receive a rulebook stating everything they have to comply with. [/B]
    no they won't recieve a rulebook. That would be much too simple.

oil-2-4-6-gas is offline Professional Member b&M _email server rejected
    Post Likes

I have had at least 6 tickets for seatbelts //1 in White Plains I was approached by an older officer who was standing under an awning-at a light it was red and he stepped out wrote me a ticket---- bastards/the other 5 were plea bargain-reductions for speeding etc...and yes they were all in my car on my time -- i just got pulled over the other day for flashing my lights warning other drivers that there was a cop set-back in the woods --and these self righteous pricks with there lines on how they are single handedly saving the world--they must get briefed intensly on what to say daily ----funny thing is i know a few officers in the area that party more than i ever did ,they have the best weed,coke ,boxes full of confiscated knives,and fireworks////////

Post Likes
    I dont feel too bad about my other thread regarding jerks who are supervisors.
    I felt I may have come across as venting just a little.

Back in the days when there were hippies ... the talk amongst college student and hippi alike was : "Do whatever you feel like doing, just as long as it doesnt affect anyone else."

I am not surprised to be hearing that same song today!
    The spirit of "self centered thought" hasnt left planet Earth!

If anyone here can predict what their actions are going to do for anyoe else around them ... then I invite an open discussion on the subject!

The fact of the matter is .... our lives have broad and long range affects on the lives of so many people around us. We cannot fathom how far the ripple affect is whenever we are not there in person to be available to our community, family, friends, relatives, etc.

It's selfish, childish, inmature, self-centered, ego-testical, to even imagine that our individual lives are simply our own plaything. That our lives are but our's and our's ALONE to choose what to do ... how to do it and when not to do certain things!

Just think if everyone quit wearing deodorant on a given day.... would that have an effect on those around you?
    Yes it would.

But it's deeper than that.

I for one, want to be here for my family.
    I know I can be replaced at what I do for a living. There are plenty of others out here that can learn my job and perform it.
    But no body can take my place as Husband to my dear wife.
    No body can take my place as Dad to my dear son.

And the list goes on farther and farther as I ponder how many lives I influence.

So if I just up and one day decide I am going to take up dangerous living or a dangerous sport .... who is to stop me? And why should I listen to them?

It's my life and my body and who is to have any say so in what I do or how I do it?

In my last thread ... several folks all contributed about how they do this or that to get along real well with their co-workers and employee's.
    And that sounded like ideal stuff. Really great!

Well how about taking responsibility for your part as being integral to the community?
    And to your family?
    As well as to your friends?

Drinking late on freiday night then not wanting to take your family out fishing on Saturday .... sounds like you had a choise to make and you made it. You made the choice that it felt god to go drinking with your buddies. Your "so called" friends.

If you were a scrooge .... even then your life would still have meaning, value to many many others and have a purpose in need of fulfillment.
    So you cannot say that just because now that you are an "adult" .... you do not have to answer to anyone else any more!
    Thoughts like that are the work of a mind that has never grown up and matured!
    When adults act this way it is known as "perpetual teenager" .....someone who simply refuses to take responsibility for their lives and actions.

I was born a rebel.

As I grew older ... I honed those skills and got more rebellious as time moved me onward.

It's difficult to put aside the old ways of my youth and live like a responsible adult.
    It is all about making "CHOICES"....

As a "rebel" ... I want what I want. As a man, I want what I want. hmmmmm... sounds simular.

However, as a maturing, responsibility-embracing, "trying to live an un-selfish life" kind of man ... I want what is best for those around me.

I may not like helmet laws or seatbelt laws or quotas on tickets written per month or Federal grants for hiway dollars, etc., but I do have the choice to choose my battles.
    And frankly, I have other battles I have chosen to fight in which are much greater than seatbelt laws ... and that my friend, is an un-selfish choice I CAN make.

Post Likes

what ever happened .............

to "live free , or die " ..?? isn't that the New Hampshire stste motto ...... Beenie is right, just another way to collect $$$$ ... it's a Tax, pure and simple ....here in New York, the state motto is " be sure to make a donation " especially with Chuckie and Hillary in power ...

Post Likes

Re: what ever happened .............

Originally posted by slimwoodie
    to "live free , or die "
    Well if ya don't wear the belt, you may just get your wish.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

Post Likes
    Hey, lmtd what if the guy goes through his windshield and lands on my car?????????And then I gotta go to Maaco and get it all painted again??????? That ain't right

If you caused the accident, I don't see why not.

Post Likes
    I think part of has to do with your perspective. Cops often have the job of tending to a dead or critically injured motorist who didn't wear their seat belt and notifying their families. That could tend to change their perspective.

Post Likes
    Vehicles are deadly weapons. Seatbelts are a good minimum protective device against injuries. I wonder how many toddlers have become projectiles because their parents have not properly used the good sense to buckle them in.

Post Likes
    If we were all paying more attention to the road and less attention to getting stoped ... and ticketed, and fined, and losing our jobs, and having our families move out on us leaving us abandoned so that we become despondant and start living on the streets, under bridges ... and begging for money....

Seriously though, if we all just focused on our driving and quit rushing while behind the wheel ... we all might see less accidnets these days!

People ... we are in too big a hurry.

Yesterday morning I set my clock for seven, knowing that I normally dont have to phone in for calls until an out later.

But ... I neglected to remember this was a special day of the wek at the office and I was due there that very minute!

Now .. would you say that I was in a rush to get into Austin? Yes I was.

Was this weighing heavily upon my driving ...yes it was.

And in the end, it all worked out just fine. Dispatch phoned me a few minutes later and re-routed me to a service call instead of rushing into the office.

Was I relieved by this turn in events? Yes I was. And my driving reflected my more relaxed attitude.

When we're relaxed we are much less likely to be involved in any accidnet. Much less be the central cause of one.

And this too ... how many of us would ever take driving tips from someoe else?
    How many of us are teachable?
    Are we yet flexible to learn new tricks? Or are we so sure we have the right way all patented ourselves?

I've drivin over a million miles myself and I can still learn from others.
    I may know more than they do. Maybe ... maybe not.
    But I do know this, they probably have a thing or two that I don't know myself! And just maybe ... if I listened to them ... I might learn something I never knew. And just maybe ... that new technique will contribute to someday saving my life!

Post Likes
    R12, I like the way you think. And how you write. I don't find a lot of folks that really try to think about their place in the "big picture" but when you find one that does, they're a pleasure to know.

As for the seatbelt topic, never is an issue with me. Started buckling up before I even got my license many moons ago. If I had peers then that considered me a wuss for doing it, they may have been my peers but they weren't my friends.
    In the years since I've been in two accidents where the seatbelt kept me from henceforth living a miserable life. And one of the accidents was my fault. I'm damn glad the person I nearly t-boned also had a seatbelt on. We both walked away from that one.

Driver inattention is a biggie. The accident I caused was due to that factor. I was in a blue mood on that cloudy, cold day and was fiddlng with the radio to find something to cheer me up. Didn't see the stop sign, blew it, and hit a van in the front left quarter panel. I now try to mess with the radio only at stoplights or just leave it on a station and live with it until I'm stopped.
    Cell phones...not answering it unless I'm pulled over. The way some folks use (i.e. abuse) a cell phone, you think they'd die if they didn't have it. And...off topic...it's a trip to see some guy standing at a urinal taking a whizz and blabbing on the cell phone (not like I'm standing there watching him...you can hear his conversation throughout the entire restroom!)

Post Likes
    You should take time to listen to national news..............All across the country they are pushing the seatbelt law hard right now.I heard it sereral times.Your state thanks you for funding thier rampant spending!lol
    Take your time & do it right!

Post Likes
    I personally wear my seatbelt, but I don't like the government telling whether I should or not. That being said, its all about generating revenue. All of the local governments have been "broke" since 9/11 so they have to figure out bs ways to generate revenue. I don't have a problem with that its just the way to do it. I live it Cook County, IL and I don't know how many cops I see run red lights around here, but that really ticks me off. I was fixing my car in the parking lot about a month ago and was hassled, because it is against the law to fix my car on the public streets in this area. Now mind you I was parked on a parking lot away from traffic not bothering anyone. The only peron I could hurt was myself. I used to think it was about money, now I think the cops are just lazy and want to go after the easy crimes. I have family in the northwest side of Chicago and the drivers there are bad. Running red lights, blowing stop signs, going down the wrong way on a one way street, and speeding. It is rare that someone gets stopped for a traffic citation around here even a DUI, but parking tickets are another story. There are so many parking restrictions around here that it is very difficult to park. These tickets are not cheap. They average around $50.00 for an infraction, and yet Mayor Daley says the city is still "broke". I think that people are having less and less respect for anyone in government. This includes, city officials, cops, and judges. They all seem to be on a power kick and don't care about doing their job well at all.

Post Likes
    [ deleted by Boss

not in this section please ]

[Edited by Boss on 07-05-2004 at 01:36 PM]

Post Likes
    For all of those who feel so strongly that the seat belt (or MC helmet) laws are excessive government intrusions into our personal rights, I am curious to know your thoughts on the government's requirements for a driver license, auto registration and liability insurance.

What about DUI laws, speed limits and headlights after dark?

In my state (FL) we have no form of vehicle safety inspection and it's reported that one out of three drivers you meet on the roadway is uninsured. Now THAT concerns me as well.

Post Likes
    For all of those who feel so strongly that the seat belt (or MC helmet) laws are excessive government intrusions into our personal rights, I am curious to know your thoughts on the government's requirements for a driver license, auto registration and liability insurance.

What's the difference between this and licensing HVAC contractors? How far should it go? Should there be limits to any government intervention? How far should our rights go?

Hopefully,
    Undeleted

Post Likes
    Originally posted by swat
    No offense but your attitude sucks.

F!@# off (Calm down, I'm kidding)

You told the guy to get run over while writing the ticket.

yep F!@# him.

Do you have any idea how many times a year that happens?

Not enough?

It has happened here twice this sumer already and it is not something I would allow any one I knew to say with out a severe ass chewing and depending on who and how close I was to them an ass whoopin for being such a jerk.

So who are you?

The guy is doing his job. He does not choose the laws but merely enforces them.

A few months ago a punk kid cut me off while he was changing lanes and he was driving like a "jerk". I got pissed and instead of ramming him and beating the shit out of him, I called 911 to let them handle it. They acted like it was my fault for being on the road. And I had to call three times and finally went to the police station.

And here we have a cop pulling people over for seatbelt bullshit.

You really need to have a hell of a lot more respect for the civil servants of your community whether you like what they do or don't.

You don't get out much do you?

Man you just lost a ton of respect IMO and maybe it does not matter but God dang that is some ridiculous behavior you got there.

You're right it doesn't matter!!

Post Likes
    Originally posted by arc8

What's the difference between this and licensing HVAC contractors? How far should it go? Should there be limits to any government intervention? How far should our rights go?

Hopefully,
    Undeleted

Not wearing seatbelts does not cause accidents.

Post Likes
    No, but it lessens their effect. Its sad to see a 2 year old picked up off the pavement when their parents don't buckle them down and they are ejected from a vehicle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in