Thread: vav

Any Trane support? Last time I used eware on replacement of vav board.New board needed, was told to use Rover,Only have 6 vav boxes on an old Tracer system. Is there a possibility of a shareware program of Rover. Any help would be appreciated.

If you are replacing with the same style board you can use E-Ware.

Originally posted by hsc tech 1
    Any Trane support? Last time I used eware on replacement of vav board.New board needed, was told to use Rover,Only have 6 vav boxes on an old Tracer system. Is there a possibility of a shareware program of Rover. Any help would be appreciated.
    eware adds a trace voltage to the new boards on the vav boxes, if you find a way to isolate the eware from your laptop such as with fiber optic isolator it doesn't effect the boards, the eware is a rs-232 to 485 converter.

or if you cycle power on the vav boxes after using eware that might work also.

you might look on a lonworks or lon mark website to find something that might work for com4 rover, I haven't yet.

If you are replacing existing com4 VAV Controllers. You can still use eware.

Originally posted by qman
    If you are replacing existing com4 VAV Controllers. You can still use eware.
    the problem was version 4.1 or higher boards locking up due to seeing to many errors, I guess it was a change in the boards so rover com4 could talk to them.

so if you have a board locking up and refusing to talk to eware, just cycle power to board to reset or when your done talking to boards with eware just cycle power so they won't lock up after you leave.

the developers at trane turned the simplest part of the job into one of the hardest.

Kool,
    FYI, 4.1 was the only version that had an issue. The lock-up only occured if the operator accidently hooked up e-ware hardware with polarity reversed. All other versions of VAV II/III/IV will work with e-ware but you will need the e-ware service pack for F-style boxes.