RTTA135 Blew compressor terminals

I was asked to look at this chiller and give our recommended steps to get this machine back on line. The customer advises me Ckt A has had this happen twice and Ckt B has done this once before. He also explains history with coils being dirty and relief valves leaking. So with these things in mine does anyone have any input with experience to root cause the compressor terminals blowing and gas leaking out? They are R series screws doing comfort cooling at a plant. Trane has compressor terminal repair parts in stock... Thanks in advance

Gasnowman: more info please, m/n # s/n # did they burn arc etc, FRED

I am not for sure Fred. I was just asked to price a repair job for this ongoing related problem as described. It was described as a burn't compressor terminals and wiring leads. I was given this information over the phone and asked to quote so i did today. I have alot of educated theorys but just curious if any body else had any experience with this problem. I'll update if i get the job. Thanks ga.snowman

Ga Snowman I seem to remember that there was a SB about terminals shorting, remidy was to coat terms with a liquid elect tape type product.. got it from Trane parts. moisture, dust caused arcing FRED

You would be wise to put eyes on the comp terminals. You may have to crimp on new studs. Not impossible, but a little time consuming and will need a special crimp tool.
    “If your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.” ~Henry J. Kaiser

Quote Originally Posted by FREDIEFREON View Post
    Ga Snowman I seem to remember that there was a SB about terminals shorting, remidy was to coat terms with a liquid elect tape type product.. got it from Trane parts. moisture, dust caused arcing FRED
    RTAA-SVB17B-EN..."Dirty or corroded Compressor motor terminals may lead to false indications of a grounded compressor and/or a flashover of voltage from terminal to ground."
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

Ga Snowman, see JayGuy's post that is the sb you need to look at...Way to go JayGuy....FRED

Quote Originally Posted by FREDIEFREON View Post
    ...Way to go JayGuy....FRED
    way to go you! i forgot all about that bulletin.
    my 1st time jumping out of a plane...http://youtu.be/Kv38G0MHsGo

JayGuy..Some times it's scary, so much floating around in my head. And then a dong goes off. .....FRED

Many thanks gentlemen... We were awarded this project and with your advise. We should be able to execute like a walk thru the park. Again many thanks....