Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I had this same problem in Florida with an A/H in the garage. Do you have a variable speed A/H? See if the dip switches are set correct and make sure the installers didn't hook the yellow wires to YLo on the terminal board in the A/H. I would check the split like someone already suggested. I went to a call back where techs kept putting cork tape and insulation on everything. The Trane service rep told me to increase the cfm to 450 on the dip switches, check for return duct leaks, and to remove the horizontal pan inside the unit. I never got a call back on it, and the lady even told me to expect her to call if this doesn't solve the problem. I know Trane tells you to remove the horizontal pan on vertical applications with its cased coils, but I can't remember reading that about A/H. The guy told me that it is in the installer setup, but who reads the installer setups anyway.

Go out and buy you a very good dehumidifier,might want to check into a Delonghi dehumidifier for about $180.00, it removes about 30 pints of water in a 24 hour period which should take care of your problem,check it out at :
    http://store.delonghi-products.com/

Good luck

the funny thing about oversizing is that based on manual 'j' our systems are oversized over 90% of the time ... designing it to work under those conditions and stll cool on a 100 degree day IS the challenge dd

is there a trap on the system and is the vent after the trap. if there is no trap on the unit the negative pressure of the return will hold the water in the tray and cause excessive condensation. if trap is installed and a vent is in the line vent should be after the trap or same thing will happen. after all else but in a dehumidifier

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12