Thread: Sanyo Ductless

I recently moved a 9000BTU Sanyo from one office to another. I front seated the liquid line valve moving all the ref into the cond(running the compressor) and then closed the suction valve on the condensing unit. Installed new line sets pumped down the system, started up. HS 275 LS 30, liquid line cold and sweating. I had installed a new filter drier so I deceided to pull all the ref out and pumped down the entire system. Pulled down to 400 microns, started up. HS 275 95degree ambient LS 60, superheat high around 32 degrees, temp drop accross the coil was almost 20 this time. However the liquid line is still cool to the touch like a partial blockage. Thinking if the filter drier was partial blocked I should have some heat out of my condenser. Supply Air temp 52 Return air temp 72. Unit was cooling but the HS and LS would spike every so often up 20 lbs on HS low side 10 lbs Amps go up slightly. Are these units a piston on the metering device? Any comments?

There are numerous other posts on this site regarding these systems. All of these systems have the metering device in the liquid line service valve. Also, your liquid line (or actually your big capillary tube!) should be insulated because yes it will sweat.

Like Seaboard says, what you normally think of as the liquid line is not really a liquid line, if you have put the liquid line filter/drier in there that will cause you problems.
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

Please lend assistance where do I look in the other sites for the info? The unit had the filter/drier in the original installation. Never paid attention to liquid line temp? Maybe it sweat the hole time and I never saw it being insulated.

Originally posted by leathernecke5
    Please lend assistance where do I look in the other sites for the info? The unit had the filter/drier in the original installation. Never paid attention to liquid line temp? Maybe it sweat the hole time and I never saw it being insulated.
    Use the search button near the top of the page, type in sanyo and search, this is one link:

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=53558
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

I entered the search and found what you guys are saying that the liquid line is actually the inlet to the evap due to the metering device being in the condenser. It does surprise me though that the pressures will jump up 20 lbs or so in the high side loading the amps on the compressor above or near FLA. Maybe just the way system works it wasn't down to temp in the room.

sanyo

I took a sanyo class and all i remember is NO DRIERS NO SIGHT GLASS frank

I have to add my .02 to this. Bottom line is if the origional installer would have read the INSTRUCTIONS the person moving the unit would have most likely noticed something was odd. "liquid line insulated" They would have also searched for a drier in the system and probably found it in the outdoor unit. If we could all just learn to READ INSTRUCTIONS we would be so much better off. Off my soap box. Thanks for letting me vent. DaleP