Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11

Re: Funny how Mr Moore

Originally posted by spotts
    never can find any footage of Sadaams crew in gang raping women in the streets in front of their families then slicing their guts open so they can all watch them squirm to their deaths...... No footage of people being thrown feet first into the shredder. No, no footage of why we are there, only footage to make us look like were "The bully next door". James, that is a very good picture.

Thank you. Nice Dice's son got back home safe. Hope everyone else's does. Maybe Mr. Moore will get his picture on wall in the Taliban museum as a honor for his effort. Wonder how many militants he and John Kerry recruited that RPG'ed a US Soldier?

http://kerrylied.com/....NEVER trust a Hippy.

True he did, many did not, next he is on the list for Iraq in about 6 months. Funny, I was at his commissioning ceremony and I remember the part about defending and protecting our country, I must have missed the part about protecting Iraq. My bad.
    And since they had nothing to do with 9-11 and all the hijackers came from Saudi, why didn't we invade them. Their human rights policy is atrocious and they behead people in soccer arenas too. Oh wait, they are our friends, sure they are, till we stop buying oil from them anyway. And if ya wanted Bin Laden why not send 130,000 troops to Afghanny where he was, why only 20,000? Rumsfeld said yesterday that the Russians had 130,000 troops in Afghanny for years, what did they get out of before they packed up and left, not much I'm afraid.
    We had isloated Saddam with no fly zones, economic pressure and could have made it tougher on his kind of horrible dictatorship by building a world alliance and waited to help the people of Iraq till they were ready to free themselves, that is the only way it will last, as we fought for our freedom over 200 years ago. By turning our military into an occupational police force in a hotbed of unrest and terrorism that has been going on for hundreds if not a thousand years in a desert of civil unrest that would take millions of troops, years to straighten out, in doing that we have accomplished little. What we have accomplished will be gone the day after we leave. All these fictious handing over of power and training their troops is doomed to failure in the Muslim culture which still keeps their women shrouded in secrecy and treats those that don't believe as
    inhuman. For a president who said he was against nation building in his pre-election political campaign to have taken on the mideast like he did just astounds me.
    The movie's numbers speak for themselves as does the drop off of American backing in the war, as does the drop off in allies and support world wide which we have lost like no time in history since WWII, as does the other failures both economically and politically which this administration has mustered. For a president who lost the poplular vote in an election to have done all this also astounds me.
    Anyway, good to James got out of the mother/daughter sex slave thingy
    Although I think he has decided to only talk politics in here as otherwise he has disappeared frm the hvac talk side of the forum.
    There is some hope, he ain't great by any means but at least he aint Bush, and that's a positive step in the right direction.
    http://www.johnkerry.com
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

By the way, I can get you pics of our leaders escourting the Taliban around Washington and giving Saddam stuff if ya want.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

No need, If I ever do watch Fahrenheit 9/11 I'll look close at the credits for your name.

Among all your bickering...so what the heck is the movie about anyway?

I don't paln on seeing it but always enjoy different points of view. Michael tends to make things look more simplier than they really are IMHO. He couldn't run the country any better than anyone else who tries. But he can critize and who can't.

Being born 3 blocks from the Capitol and raised 25 blocks from it I tend to be allergic to these crusades by various groups/people that show up each and every day on the Capital steps blocking traffic and protesting whatever their interests are. Not saying it's bad at all. Just try to live there though.

Remember, Michael is in charge of his camera and the lens only shows what he is looking to prove, which can be real or unreal. But even in his Crysler film he did not show the entire picture cosidering all the decisions and consequences of those decisions by Crystler management. It's a no win situation, typically.

Everything there is about someone's special interest. The congress must have a certain type of person to be in Congress, as in any form of government anywhere, because as a representative you have to be able to tell people what they want to hear even if it doesn't make any sense. Talk about extremists, spend some time in DC. Everyone there is on some form of a mission for good or bad or indifferent.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Originally posted by DeltaT
    Among all your bickering...so what the heck is the movie about anyway?

I don't paln on seeing it but always enjoy different points of view. Michael tends to make things look more simplier than they really are IMHO. He couldn't run the country any better than anyone else who tries. But he can critize and who can't.

Being born 3 blocks from the Capitol and raised 25 blocks from it I tend to be allergic to these crusades by various groups/people that show up each and every day on the Capital steps blocking traffic and protesting whatever their interests are. Not saying it's bad at all. Just try to live there though.

Remember, Michael is in charge of his camera and the lens only shows what he is looking to prove, which can be real or unreal. But even in his Crysler film he did not show the entire picture cosidering all the decisions and consequences of those decisions by Crystler management. It's a no win situation, typically.

Everything there is about someone's special interest. The congress must have a certain type of person to be in Congress, as in any form of government anywhere, because as a representative you have to be able to tell people what they want to hear even if it doesn't make any sense. Talk about extremists, spend some time in DC. Everyone there is on some form of a mission for good or bad or indifferent.
    The movie is like the Holy Grail for the Liberals. With a zero for a candidate, they line up out side the theaters star struck like catholics outside church that have seen the virgin Mary in a window with a 100 watt light bulb behind it.

God forgive me.

"The movie is like the Holy Grail for the Liberals. With a zero for a candidate, they line up out side the theaters star struck like catholics outside church that have seen the virgin Mary in a window with a 100 watt light bulb behind it"

Is this the Monty Phython Holy Grail version? I liked that.

Remind me to never stand next to you during a lightning storm.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

I hear this Moore complains

how Big Bad Ugly American Companys are over there in Iraq "Making Money off this war!"

Hmmmmmm at least they're working to rebuild it!

That fat slob is personally making more than any of them.... Yes, directly off the war! what'd he gross? 21 Mil this weekend? Only he's not helping to do anything, he's just getting fatter, and uglier.
    What a HIPOcrite.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DeltaT
    [B]Among all your bickering...so what the heck is the movie about anyway?

his first movie was about GM, not Chrysler, i dont recall what year it was when GM took most of it's plants from Flint MI and moved them down to Mexico. GM made that move dispite record profits at the time. he lived in Flint at the time and started his own paper. lots of unemployment and misery came to Flint. he said the paper got zero results so he decieded to make a movie about Roger Smith who ordered the closings.

FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Have not seen the movie yet but my problem is that Moore is calling it a documentary. By definition, a documentary means factual and unbaised. Moore is about as unbaised as Kerry is conservative and Clinton (either of them) are honest.

If he called it a work of fiction then okay but to pretend this is a documentary is just plain wrong.

Alex

(Facts is Facts tootsie...even if you don't like them)

Re: I hear this Moore complains

Originally posted by spotts

That fat slob is personally making more than any of them.... Yes, directly off the war! what'd he gross? 21 Mil this weekend? Only he's not helping to do anything, he's just getting fatter, and uglier.
    What a HIPOcrite.
    If you want to see the movie butdon't want to give money to Moore, buy a ticket for another movie(I suggest "White Chicks" and go see Moore's movie. He won't get a d**n dime.
    Karst means cave. So, I search for caves.

I heard that he portrayed the Saudi embassy as the only one that got secret service protection.

What a Biased Mess

He won't get my money !
    Governments don't tax to get the money they need, governments will always find a need for the money they get. Ronald Wilson Reagon

Born Again KA

Wink

he was on 60 minutes on Sunday. he makes no bones about it being biased, he doesn't like Bush, he doesn't like corporate America. he likes to ruffle feathers. he doesn't like politicians in general, but then again who does??
    FILL OUT YOUR PROFILE!!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast