Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Why are all THE Brands successful,like Coke,Tide, Starkist, Lexus?

Seems consumers have a preference,not all that different with HVAC.

Apparently Carrier/UTC picked a better vendor in China then the others, accident or superior knowledge, since they are a big player in Asia.

As a CFAD Contractor, we aren't put on hold much at all,usually order on the net any way,makes sense for them to reward the contractors that partner with them.

Where as Goodman can't/ won't because they sell equipment to any one with money to pay. No requirements for trainng,NATE,etc.,etc.. No 100% satisfaction,backed by the manufacturer, for the consumer, must not have confidence in their contractors.

It's what's inside the box,that you can't see,like things above that make it a very good choice

Mr Bill, I have a contractor that installs Amana. I can't find anyone that actually has one. Everyone I talk to recommends Carrier but I don't want to eliminate Amana if it is a good brand.

dash,

Carrier could care less about your success, they want you to do nothing but sell their name only, not yours. They use tools like CFAD to tie you into them so that you're less likely to buy elsewhere that may or may not make a better product & so that you will push/advertise their brand name rather than yours. The Carrier brand is far more important to them than your brand name & you're doing nothing but helping them make their name better known than the contractors'. If you keep that up then Carrier will no longer need you to sell their brand; instead they'll just open their own shop & drive you out of business.

And, unlike you, I don't think their product is any better than anyone else's. At least I still have an open mind.
    WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Kat2161 View Post
    Mr Bill, I have a contractor that installs Amana. I can't find anyone that actually has one. Everyone I talk to recommends Carrier but I don't want to eliminate Amana if it is a good brand.
    We can sell them all, but I am a RUUD dealer, this is what we have been selling since 1992, I don't know enough about Carrier or Amana to voice any opinions, but they "all" have/had there issues, this is why I had mentioned to look hard at the warranties vs mfg., this is a good starting point.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

They both have 10 year parts, but the Amana contractor pushes the 10 year labor and the Carrier says it isn't worth the money. Does this mean we can expect more labor and problems with the Amana?

They both have 10 year parts, but the Amana contractor pushes the 10 year labor and the Carrier says it isn't worth the money. Does this mean we can expect more labor and problems with the Amana?

What is the "standard" parts and labor warranties?

Does this mean we can expect more labor and problems with the Amana?
    Labor problems? Only if you get a shotty contractor to install it.
    Wouldn't you think that life would be more peaceful if reference to your a/c system with a longer labor warranty? is the 10 years labor standard?
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
    Carrier could care less about your success, they want you to do nothing but sell their name only, not yours. They use tools like CFAD to tie you into them so that you're less likely to buy elsewhere that may or may not make a better product & so that you will push/advertise their brand name rather than yours. The Carrier brand is far more important to them than your brand name & you're doing nothing but helping them make their name better known than the contractors'. If you keep that up then Carrier will no longer need you to sell their brand; instead they'll just open their own shop & drive you out of business.

And, unlike you, I don't think their product is any better than anyone else's. At least I still have an open mind.
    Of course their brand is more important to them,as ours is to us.I don't think I'm helping them make their name better known then contractors,in has been that way for over a hundred years. Coop is 50-50 and so is logo size,seems more then fair to a reasonable mind.

Care to bet on Carrier opening a residential shop? Been hearing that for 15 years or more.

Your comments prove to me, you have been drinking the private label Kool-Aide.

They are all junk, I don't care what brand it is. Most components are from the same vendors, usually made in a 3rd world country because Americans don't want to pay what it costs to put fellow Americans to work. We have pushed extended warranties for years because we don't want our customers to be unhappy with us over a repair bill. We got stung a bit over this Equiguard fiasco but our customers haven't. You have a great warranty with Amana so if a 10 year labor policy gives you peace of mind, I'd go for it. I'd suggest one with the Carrier or any other brand you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    We have pushed extended warranties for years because we don't want our customers to be unhappy with us over a repair bill.

I feel a quality installation and the best parts and labor warranties, trump brands any day, as you said they are all junk now days. I remember the old days, when you could throw in a condenser only in an hour, with a old mix matched rusted out evaporator coil, and those systems are still running today, most folks only replace the old stuff because they just want to upgrade, 99% of the old stuff we replace is still running "perfectly"

No, the labor warranty is not standard, it has to be purchased. Why does the contractor want to sell me the labor warranty if he doesn't expect to come out to fix it?

Why does the contractor want to sell me the labor warranty if he doesn't expect to come out to fix it?

Your logic is just not right here at all, it has nothing to do with anyone expecting anything, it has to do with someone looking out for his customer in the next 10 years. Here is a suggestion, call a Carrier Dealer or anyone and ask them what would it cost to change out a compressor, that nether of these mfg. you are looking at manufacture themselves, and see if it more than the extended warranty cost the Amana guys wants to sell you "just in case" you might need it. My guess is the compressor change out cost will trump the extended warranty cost, but don't take my word for it call someone up and ask.

No, the labor warranty is not standard, it has to be purchased. Why does the contractor want to sell me the labor warranty if he doesn't expect to come out to fix it?

Maybe not your sytem,but there will be X percentage of failures,think of it as insurance. We insure or homes but only few have claims,similar with HVAC.

Plus labor charges will continue to increase, but you'll be paid up for 10 years.

We feel strongly, like Balie said,we don't make a dime on the initial sale of the extended warranty.

Mr Bill & Dash, thank you for making me see his reason for wanting us to add the labor warranty. I just want to be sure to make to most educated decision I can. It is a large investment and I want to make sure I know everything I need to know.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast