Automated Logic WebCTRL Network Topology....

Hello All,

I am looking at an integration of a WebCTRL system and trying to figure out how it is designed.

Is it all daisy chained on the same trunk or are the controllers like the U341 on a subnetwork under a UNI? In other words are the U341 controllers wired directly to the UNI and nothing else? If a UNI dies it loses all child components.

TIA
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

U cards reside on a BACnet/MSTP sub-network that originates from a UNI that routes the data to the BACnet/Arcnet network. The UNI contains the programs for the individual U cards. The U cards don't have any on-board programming but do contain default algorithms that if IO wired per the default configuration will allow "stand alone" backup control of the zone.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Thanks for the reply. But, just to clarify...

Physically speaking they are on a separate physical trunk under the UNI? That begins at the UNI and terminates at the last device under that UNI. Correct?
    He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask any questions is a fool forever.

Yes, physically the Unet sub-network is a separate network from the Arcnet. The Uni doesn't necessarily have to be where the Unet begins but it needs to be daisy chained in the network at some point.

Also the UNI can have either 32 or 16 U card controllers under it so you might have multiple UNI controllers and multiple sub-networks in a system.

kontrol out
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Open protocols? You can't handle open protocols!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

Or 59 devices if it's a legacy UNI/59 in WebCTRL.